- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Special all Inclusive
Under the overall supervision of the IOM-Pakistan Chief of Mission and the Head of Emergency and Stabilization Department and oversight responsibilities of the Emergency Officer with additional support and guidance from the IOM Staff Security Unit (IOM SSU) as required and where appropriate, and under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager; the successful candidate will be responsible for instructing various aspects of the curriculum of the Security Awareness and other specialized safety Training (SAIT) for IOM Pakistan and its partners. He/she will work under daily tasking by the Chief Instructor in a cooperative spirit and with other project security staff, in a professional manner to ensure that the planned training program is effectively implemented. He/she will ensure that the proposed and accepted SAIT Global teaching methodologies are utilized during the training. He/she will maintain the highest standards of professional training decorum and will strive to ensure that training is carried out in an environment conducive to learning. In particular, he/she will:
- Network and collaborate with allindividual partner agency representatives, directly or indirectly involvedin the training program, in efforts to ensure its successfulimplementation.
- Conduct Training in the variousregions on the various dates as set out according to the training forecasttimetable.
- Ensure that all relevant securitytraining materials and venues are properly prepared, maintained andaccounted for, and that they follow accepted training standards identifiedby IOM’s Staff Development and Learning Unit, the IOM SSU, UNDSS andspecific agency security needs.
- Follow as closely as possiblewhere applicable the accepted security management system protocols andguidelines set out in various security directives, manuals and policiesissued by UNDSS, IOM SSU and relevant agency security policies
- Regularly update the trainingmaterials in accordance to the regional security development and changingthreat and risk assessment.
- Assist in the design, re-designand implementation of various security training strategies related to theprogressive, ongoing development of the training program, specific to IOMand partner organization needs.
- Familiarise his/her self with allaspects of the UN and IOM Security Management Systems, particularly theUnited Nations Security in the Field Handbook, the Security OperationsManual, other relevant UNDSS security protocols and complete the Basic andAdvanced Security in the Field Trainings prior to the commencement of thetraining program.
- Actively work with yourcolleagues, and all the oversight authorities, ensuring that appropriatetraining practices are followed and that any identified associatedsecurity training policies are adhered to.
- Be prepared to carry out trainingprogress briefings, submit required progress reports, individually orcollaboratively with Team members and assist with frequent evaluations ofthe course content and the effectiveness of the program, upon/under thedirection of the oversight authorities.
- Carry out other assigned duties,in association with the training program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A university degree or diplomas in security management, social sciences, internationals studies, law, teaching or alternatively and equivalent combination relevant training and field experience are required. Five years field experience working in security management systems, law enforcement and the military disciplines or associated fields is a pre-requisite, preferably with international experience. Additional experience in the United Nations system, inter-governmental organizations, international peacekeeping, humanitarian emergency operations and strategic security planning in private security industry is highly desirable.
Experience working in central and/or south Asia strongly preferred.
Educational studies, training, instruction and experience in adult instructional teaching methods are required. The ability to effectively and comfortably disseminate an instructional teaching curriculum is required, along with a comprehensive understanding of various teaching aids and methods. Demonstrated class management skills are highly desirable.
A high level of computer literacy and report writing skills is required. An excellent command of both oral and written communications skills in the English and Urdu language is a prerequisite. Knowledge of other languages as well as local dialects specific to the area where training is to be conducted would be an asset.
The position requires one to project a confident, professional image and possess excellent inter-personal skills that would include the ability to remain composed and diplomatic when in a stressful situations and possess good negotiations skills.