- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Service Contract (SC)
Dadu, Hyderabad, Sanghar, Sukkur, Tharparkar, Thatta, Umar kot
Primary school education preferably secondary school education; formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
2 Years(At least two years of work experience as a driver; safe driving record.)
PKR. 30,000 to 35,000/month
Within delegated authority, the Driver of any means of transport will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide reliable driving services by using assigned transport means for the transport of authorized WFP staff members, officials and visitors as per authorized routing following UN safety and security rules and regulations;
- Deliver and collect goods, mail, documents and other items;
- Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required;
- Take care of the day-to-day efficient maintenance of the assigned means of transport, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc; Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times;
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc;
- Produce weekly records of mileage traveled and tonnage moved;
- Negotiate, liaise and coordinate with local authorities to facilitate vehicle movements in designated areas;
- Check means of transport for mechanical fitness and the security of the cargo, ensuring that cargo is protected against all weather conditions;
- Identify any apparent problems during field deliveries and report them to the supervisor;
- Take the steps required in accordance with the rules and regulations in case of an accident;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs. Knowledge of radio, email, telephone and other applications.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty stations language, if different.
Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans and other kinds of motorised vehicles; some experience in the applications of software technology (use of MS Word and/or MS Excel). Defensive driving, first aid training.