- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Distribution & Logistics
--- ( firstshift )
Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, Quetta
Secondary school education supplemented by experience in WFP logistics/transport operations.
3 Years(At least three years of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of transport, administration, accounting, statistics or another related field. At least one year at the G3 level or equivalent.)
PKR. 50,000 to 60,000/month
Within delegated authority, the Storekeeper will be responsible for the following duties:
- Receive all the WFP food and non-food commodities;
- Report on the quality, quantity of the received commodities and ensure that quantities dispatched as per consignors documents match with quantities received and endorse documents;
- Maintain clean and pest-free storing conditions;
- Ensure good warehousing practices;
- Supervise the off loading and stacking of the commodities, follow up tracking of the commodities in pipeline and report the same to the appropriate personnel;
- Maintain records and/or ensure that assistants assigned to the various stores keep records of the food stuff offloaded/loaded at the warehouses, adhering to the WFP systems;
- Control incoming goods both food and non-food commodities by such methods as physical counts, random weight checks, rejection of any spoiled commodity,reconditioning of underweight bags, etc;
- Sign waybills of received and dispatched cargo;
- Deliver goods on request against official and approved documentation;
- Keep updated records on stack cards, and/or computer inventory lists;
- Make periodic physical inventory checks;
- Liaise with field monitors and others on matters pertaining to logistics;
- Report on and, in consultation with others, take appropriate action for the disposal of spoilt commodities;
- Provide overall supervision and training of other storekeepers and casual labour;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Language Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Urdu.
Experience in utilising computers including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages.