- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Senior Programme Assistant (Food Security Analysis)
Service Contract (SC)
University degree in economics, agriculture, social science or other relevant discipline.
5 Years(At least three years of progressively responsible experience in the field of food security analysis, vulnerability analysis, report writing, emergency needs assessment, humanitarian operations, or a closely related area and or at least one year at the GS5 level or equivalent.)
PKR. 100,000 to 125,000/month
Under the supervision of Head of Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping (VAM) Unit or an official designated by him, the Senior Programme Assistant (Food Security Analysis) will be responsible for the following duties:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take overall responsibility for updating WFP on existing national studies related to food security, vulnerability and related issues;
- Assist as a key person in the write up/editing of various reports by the VAM unit including periodic bulletins, assessment reports and studies;
- Assist in the design and implementation of Food Security Analysis 2012, and other studies conducted by VAM;
- Provide coordination with the Government and other related organizations for conducting studies related to food security and vulnerability;
- Provide basis for WFPs programme targeting based on a sound food security analysis using available food security information from WFP VAM and other sources;
- Assist in coordination of Integrated Phase Classification and other activities in support of food security monitoring;
- Participate in joint assessments, rapid assessments when necessary;
- Design questionnaires, survey methodologies, provide technical support in surveys and rapid assessments;
- Contribute to food security and vulnerability monitoring to detect changes in the food security and vulnerability situation of populations at risk;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Good understanding food security, excellent writing skills. Good understanding of economic and social issues in the context of Pakistan. Knowledge of food security analysis and the data collection, treatment, and manipulation techniques typically associated with it. Advanced computer skills, including at least intermediate skills in windows based word processing, spreadsheet and database.
Good analytical skills; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to work in a team and establish effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts and staff within the office, host population, donors, NGOs and other UN agencies; ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and in a team. Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national, cultural and institutional backgrounds.