Note: Applications will not be reviewed without a documentaryphotography protfolio.Please upload a PDF file with recent images along with your application or send your portfolio as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of assignment:
To provide professional quality, high-resolution digital still photographic coverage of the situation of children and women in Pakistan and related UNICEF programmes on an ‘as needed’ ongoing basis for use by the Pakistan Country Office and Field Offices within their advocacy, fundraising and communication activities.
Methodology and technical approach:
The consultant is required to:
1) Provide professional quality digital photographic coverage of UNICEF-supported projects/activities and of the situation of women and children in Pakistan, including emergency coverage, to the UNICEF Country Office and/or Field Office under the supervision of the Chief, Advocacy and Communication.
2) Capture high-resolution still images of children, women and staff involved in programmatic activities in accordance with UNICEF photographic guidelines and commensurate to UNICEF standards.
3) The consultant will take guidance prior to and during each mission from the Chief, Advocacy and Communication and/or Communication Specialists and/or the UNICEF staff member accompanying and leading the mission. The consultant may also receive guidance from the Chief, Advocacy and Communication and/or Communication Specialists on subject matter coverage.
4) All images captured during a mission will have non-exclusive concomitant world rights in all media in perpetuity.
5) The minimum number of high-quality images to be submitted by the consultant for a one day mission should be 40. In emergency or time-sensitive situations, the consultant may be required to provide 5-10 images at the end of each day of shooting on an urgent basis. The full set of images will then be submitted on completion of each assignment.
6) Due photo credits will be jointly given to the photographer and UNICEF when the photographs are used on UNICEF website or publications. Any images supplied to a third party will explicitly state that joint credit must be given.
7) Consultant shall use their own photographic equipment and supplies during and after the mission.
Outputs and deliverables:
Provide an edited selection of digital still photographs in high resolution electronic format to the Advocacy & Communication section in UNICEF Country office after the completion of each mission on a clearly labeled CD or DVD, with detailed captions and photo credits embedded in the metadata.
Time-Frame: 11 months. Approximately 5 working days per month as required (total of 55 days in 11 months).
Starting Date: 1 September 2012
Completion Date: 31 July 2013