- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Call for CVs - Migration Health Physcian
Health & Medicine
Service Contract (SC)
AL-2 (Equivalent to GS-6)
Under and the direct supervision of the Senior Migration Health Physician and overall supervision of the Chief of Mission the incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of the clinical assessment of the UK, Australian, Canadian and New Zealand visa applicants in accordance with the respective screening protocols. The duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Reviewchest X-ray films and radiologist’s reports and classify them.
- ReadChest X-ray films in the absence of substantive radiologist.
- Entermedical information into MiMOSA database.
- Referthe applicants with X-ray findings, consistent with active or inactive TB,for AFB sputum smears; if necessary, explain the reason and the procedure.
- Informthe applicants about clinically significant X-ray findings, not compatiblewith tuberculosis, and suggest follow up.
- Providecounseling to the applicants with AFB-positive sputum smears and referthem for treatment to the institutions of the National TB Program orprivate practitioners. Provide them with the referral letter, copy ofX-ray and IOM Medical Form.
- Referthe family contacts of applicants with infectious tuberculosis for furtherwork up.
- Explainthe procedure and results of investigations to other applicants, if theywish so.
- Suggestfollow up in the country of destination, if necessary.
- Preparecertificates for eligible applicants.
- Takepart in the quality control/quality assurance by liaising with the serviceproviders (radiology unit, microbiology laboratory) on a regular basis,correct minor digressions from the regular procedure, inform SeniorMigration Health Physician about current or potential problems,jeopardizing integrity of the program and suggest improvements and ways ofoptimization of the procedures.
- Supervisestaff and daily activities at the clinics in absence of HSO.
- Takepart in training programs.
- Anyother duties as may be assigned by the , Migration Health PhysicianIncharge, Senior Migration Health Physician or Chief of Mission.
University degree in Medicine.
Working experience not less than 3 years.
Fluency in English., Computer literacy.
University Degree in Medicine
Fluency in English, Local Languages Added Benefit
Excellent Interpersonal Skills
Conflict management Skills