The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Country Office for Pakistan (COPAK) is tasked with assisting Pakistan through its Country Programme (CP) 2010-14 with a focus on illicit trafficking and border management, criminal justice and drug demand reduction and HIV/AIDS. UNODC requires the services of driver to be based in Islamabad with regular visits to other cities of Pakistan.
The position will provide reliable and safe driving services to UNODC officer ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
The driver will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Driving office vehicles for the safe transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
2. Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, facilitating visa and formalities, when required;
3. Ensuring availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, maps of the city/country, first aid kit and necessary spare parts;
4. Day to day maintenance of all office vehicles; checking oil, water, battery, brakes and tires etc;
5. Performing minor repairs, arranging for other repairs and ensuring that the vehicles are kept clean;
6. Logging official trips , daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc;
7. Should any vehicle be involved in an accident, ensuring that the steps required by UN/UNODC/UNDSS rules and regulations are followed and
8. Perform other duties as required or assigned by the Administrative Assistant.
The driver will work under the direct supervision of the Administrative Assistant.