- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Information and Programme Development Officer
Service Contract (SC)
Development Studies, Information Technology, Business or Project Management
3 Years(• A minimum of three years of experience of information management and programme research.)
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Country Office for Pakistan (COPAK) is tasked with assisting Pakistan through its recently developed Country Programme (CP) 2010-14 with a focus on illicit trafficking and border management, criminal justice and drug demand reduction and HIV/AIDS. As part of the CP there is significant volume of documentation and data that needs to be collated, categorized and analyzed. To address the need for information control, management and research for programme development growth, the office requires the services of an Information and Progranmme Development Officer.
The purpose of the assignment is to A) Establish and maintain a document management system and train staff regularly to ensure that they use it properly B) provide support to sub-programme advisors in compiling data related to programme development and implementation C) assist in the development of GIS mapping capacity for UNODC Pakistan D) Liaise with the government of Pakistan to take joint initiatives forward E) Arrange UNODC governance committee and do follow ups F) Provide assistance in the arrangement of workshops and events when required by different sub-programmes. These objectives are mutually supportive since they deal with information; documentation, data collection, reportingand programme development activities. The Information and Progranmme Development Officer will be responsible to ensure that these objectives are achieved under the supervision of a manager.
The Information and Progranmme Development Officer will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
• Structures, organizes and enforces office-wide electronic document management system.
• Maintains a parallel hard copy repository for documentation that must be stored.
• Provides support to staff on the standardized document management system – soft copy and hard copy.
• Manages the collection of information (data) in support of programme development or implementation for the three sub-Programmes.
• Maintains an inventory of all data sources (open sources and secure sites) and identifies methods to fill gaps in data.
• Responds to in-house service request for information and data.
• Research and identify local partner organizations that can work with COPAK to roll out their country programme.
• Research and identify programme growth opportunities.
• Liaison with the government in organizing programme governance committee (PGC) and technical working group (TWG) meetings.
• Support staff members associated with programme implementation when required.
• Support and identify improvements in organization of workshops and trainings for different sub programmes.
• Participate in project planning and monitoring activities.
• Assist in setting up a GIS based mapping department for UNODC COPAK.
• Creating and maintaining the structures necessary for GIS data storage.
Qualification and Experience
• Development Studies, Information Technology, Business Management or Project Management .
• A minimum of three years of experience of information management and programme research.
• Solid knowledge of MS office tools (Word, Excel and Publisher) with advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS Access and mapping software.
• Experience working with international organizations preferred.
The Information and Progranmme Development Officer will need to be based in Country Office Pakistan, UNODC in order to complete the deliverables required under this position.
Planning and Implementation Arrangements
The Information and Progranmme Development Officer will report to the Deputy Representative.
Solid knowledge of MS office tools (Word, Excel and Publisher) with advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS Access and mapping software.
Experience working with international organizations preferred.