Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the Emergency Manager, and direct supervision of the Information Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible to contribute towards the effective provision of information management systems and data across a range of IOM projects to enable IOM to respond better to the affected population.
Scope of services:
Specifically, the Information Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
§ Provide simple, user-friendly emergency shelter assistance reports in consultation with the local authorities, providers of shelter assistance and other key stakeholders; these reports should include provision for gender desegregation of data and reporting on more vulnerable groups, they should also be complementary to the information collection and reporting systems of other sector working groups;
§ Promotion of and training on the use of these reporting tools among shelter assistance providers and other stakeholders;
§ Supervise gathering and collation of data on emergency shelter needs and assistance being provided in a timely and efficient manner, including feedback and/or issues raised by the affected population;
§ Identification and reporting of any gaps in emergency shelter assistance to the Shelter Cluster;
§ Development and implementation of methods to share this information, as well as broader information on shelter needs and solutions which the Shelter Cluster wants to develop and/or share, with all concerned stakeholders and the affected population; this information may need to be made available in the local language, as well as English, to the maximum extent possible;
§ Coordination with other sector working group information managers to ensure complementarity and cross-sectoral analysis of information on the disaster response.
§ Identify and promote the localization or handover of information management services to appropriate agencies as appropriate.
§ Ensure needs assessment and analysis involves all relevant partners.
§ Identify gaps – assess, verify, and map emerging assistance needs and protection concerns; conduct regular ‘gap analyses’ based on verified needs.
§ Provide maps and matrices showing distribution densities and coverage by item, member and geographic area.
§ Ensure an IDP Profiling/registration is carried out which profiles the demographic data of the camp population National/Local Authorities, State Institutions, Civil Society
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Revise,recommend and assist in the implementation of recommendations to improvethe efficiency of current monitoring systems
- Design,test and implement tools for data collection and data entry
- Implementquality control mechanisms to improve the quality of the collectedinformation
- Supportthe design of SMART indicators at a project, program and cluster levels incoordination with the Project Development team
- Produceanalysis of project data and identifying methods to use results forservices and project improvement;
Training and capacity building of national authorities and civil society
§ Promote and support training of humanitarian personnel and capacity building of humanitarian partners.
§ Support efforts to strengthen the capacity of the national authorities and civil society.
§ Support the Information Manager to manage the information management and M & E team, and attend meetings on behalf of the Information Manager relating to a broad range of topics, including programme implementation and developing appropriate strategies to meet needs identified, and ensure adequate reporting and information sharing.
§ Any other tasks that may be required (within reason) to achieve the objective of this assignment.
§ Provision of adequate handover, including the provision of brief guidance notes and counter-parting where possible.
§ Preparation of a short summary report at the conclusion of the assignment on lessons learned.
Education and Experience
1. Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in GIS, Computer or Social Science or any related discipline, or alternatively, a combination of relevant training and experience;
2. Three years professional experience in information gathering and collection processes, data entry monitoring and analysis;
3. Experience in an international or governmental programme in a challenging environment (more than two years preferred);
1. Positive, Can do attitude
2. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
3. Strong analytical skills;
4. Thorough understanding of complex socio-political environments;
5. Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity;
6. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
7. Ability to work under extreme pressure in difficult conditions while maintaining security awareness;
8. Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results;
9. Experience with Web Development, ASP.Net (more than 3-4 years preferred)
10. Experience with Database Development, ideally using MySQL or Oracle (more than 3-4 years preferred)
11. Expert with Microsoft Office
12. Also desirable
a. Experience Managing teams
b. Experience with budgets and project management tools.
c. Working Knowledge of GIS systems, such as ESRI Arc GIS or Map Info would be highly desirable.
Thorough knowledge of English and Urdu.