The successful candidates can be placed in either of the below mentioned positions;
Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar, Karachi, Quetta,based on organizational needs;
1. Enhance positive relationships with donor groups through guiding and advising programme sections to fulfill their responsibilities for timely and accurate donor reporting. This includes editing, quality assurance and standardization of periodic, interim and final donor reports produced by programme sections. Also responsible for production of situation reports.
2. Develop and track office reporting plan, coordinate the office submission to the Pakistan Humanitarian Response Plan (PHRP) appeal and other funding documents and reporting, compile generic proposals at the beginning of the year and assist programme sections in the development of other specific funding proposals throughout the year, in line with the overall fundraising. Participate in meetings with donors to ensure full understanding of donor interests and information needs.
3. Support Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation section to compile, produce and disseminate mandatory UNICEF reports, including the Annual Report, Humanitarian Action Report, etc; and provide editing/quality control of other major office reports as required.
4. Support programme sections by providing key information and data, as required, to increase public understanding of UNICEF work in the Country, specifically targeting UNICEF National Committees and other interest groups.
5. Support senior management, the CMT and CFOs by compiling key data from internal and external sources to provide management with clear actionable information for management decisions. Enable an “institutional memory” within the office through development and maintenance of record keeping of reports, proposals and other material developed for reporting and fundraising. Identify innovative and successful projects activities for documentation and/or for publication and support programme sections to document these activities appropriately.
6. Maintain regular contact with programme sections and field offices in order to ensure an updated and comprehensive knowledge base on UNICEF programmes for use in information material development.
Knowledge of current developments in the fields of communication theory, motivational psychology, adult learning theory, indigenous media, community organization and participation.
Training in strategic communication planning, behavior analysis, formative research and evaluation of communication interventions.
Proven skills in report writing, proposal development, communication, networking, advocacy and negotiation.
Proven skills in data analysis, data presentation, and information management.
Ability to organize and implement training, including development of curricula and methodologies.
Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.