- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Associate Programme Officer (Container Control)
Service Contract (SC)
Social or Political Science, Sociology, Statistics or other relevant academic field
The UNODC Country Office for Pakistan (COPAK) is tasked with assisting Pakistan through its Country Programme (CP) 2010-14 with a focus on needs related to illicit trafficking and border management, criminal justice and drug demand reduction and HIV/AIDS. Globally, UNODC implements the Global Container Control Programme (CCP) that assists law enforcement agencies in sea and dry ports to enhance the capacity of the control of containers. Within the frameworks of the CP and the CCP, UNODC in Pakistan implements activities focused on the control of containers and related risk analysis.
To ensure proper implementation of these activities in providing building the capacity of government counterparts in container control, UNODC Pakistan requires the services of an Associate Programme Officer (Container Control) with experience in programme planning and implementation in law enforcement.
The objective of the assignment is to manage and support the implementation of activities related to container control. Specifically, work will be aimed towards the achievement of the following outcomes: (1) consolidating the capacity of container control in Pakistan, and (2) increasing the capacity of law enforcement authorities to train law enforcement personnel in container control and risk analysis. The Associate Programme Officer (Container Control) will be required to work closely with Customs and the Anti Narcotics Force, UNODC Headquarters in Vienna.
The Associate Programme Officer (Container Control) will undertake the following substantive duties and responsibilities:
1. Develop implementation plans and strategy documents for future technical assistance in container control, translating global priorities into locally relevant interventions.
2. Support creating and sustaining partnerships with government counterparts, other UN agencies and donors.
3. Prepare background notes, proposals, budgets, work plans, implementation plans, and financial and narrative reports.
4. Manage and/or support the implementation of activities related to container control in Pakistan under the CCP and CP.
5. Develop tools for monitoring and evaluation of the results of container control in Pakistan, and facilitate data collection.
6. Ensure adequate financial management of the project, keeping track of project ledgers, preparing requisitions and purchase orders, reconciling payments and maintaining inventories.
7. Facilitate logistical services related to travel, accommodation and daily subsistence in connection with missions and/or events organized under the project.
8. Support processes related to procurement and human resources, including providing input to procurement notices and terms of reference, and liaison with vendors.
9. Any other duties as identified by senior management.
The Associate Programme Officer (Container Control) will report to the Coordinator for the Container Control Programme in Pakistan.
Qualification and Experience
• A junior professional, holding a Master’s degree in Political Science, Sociology, Statistics or other relevant academic fields, plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant professional work experience in programme management.
• Capacity to manage and support technical assistance programmes, preferably in the areas of law enforcement and/or governance.
• Ability to produce concise reports and presentations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.