The Learning Management Assistant will work under direct supervision of the Provincial Project Coordinators under overall guidance of the National Project Manager (NPM). He/she will be responsible for consolidating M&E efforts of the project, providing assistance to teams in, Provincial and Field Office in documenting and reporting the project activities, with special focus on gender inclusion. Regular liaison is expected with the national Project Management Unit. UNV will work closely with Provincial Project Coordinators in ensuring that the implementation progress of the project is well documented and reported having adequate gender based data.
The Government of Pakistan has recognized the threat from GLOFs in its National Climate Change Policy and in its National Determined Contribution to monitor changes in glacier volumes and related GLOFs. To be able to strengthen capacities of vulnerable communities to address the GLOF issue urgently in the scale that is needed, the Government of Pakistan has secured GCF resources to upscale ongoing initiatives on early warning systems and small, locally-sourced infrastructure to protect communities from GLOF risks under the GLOF II project. The scaled interventions proposed by this project will expand coverage from two districts to fifteen districts in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Gilgit-Baltistan. The project will reduce vulnerability of communities’ land and water resources by implementing climate- resilient agricultural practices that contribute to food security, considering needs of the local population and promoting gender equality, benefiting over 696,342 people.
UNDP GLOF-II project intends to hire services of a UNV for Learning management for providing assistance to teams in Provincial and Field Office in M&E Reporting for GLOF-II project with managing gender requirements as outlined in the Gender Strategy and Action Plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Provincial Project Coordinators of KP and GB respectively, the UNV will be responsible for providing support to monitoring and reporting function of the project with special focus on gender mainstreaming.
Specifically, he/she will perform the following duties:
• Provide support in the operation of GLOF II Project Monitoring and Evaluation ensuring gender inclusive data collection and implementation of Gender Strategy and Action Plan.
• Assist in the implementation and monitoring of the joint work plans, results matrix, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) frameworks, and other learning related documents and plans.
• Support the coordination of GLOF II national and provincial level offices in M&E coordination of work plans,
• Support in consolidating learning management efforts at the provincial and district level through appropriate stakeholder engagement by developing a feedback mechanism,
• Help to collect gender segregated data and review progress data and information to enable effective reporting on quarterly basis and prepare reports,
• Contribute to joint results monitoring and annual reporting for the project,
• Assist to document learning and good examples and practices in implementation of M&E Plan following the Gender Strategy and Action Plan as well.
• Carry out other tasks as assigned
Public information and reporting,
• Monitoring and evaluation ensuring gender inclusive data collection, and accountability in terms of project plan implementation,
• Get relevant feedback from all stakeholders involved to improvise project implementation
• Ensures valley/district level gender based data collection for adequate implementation of Gender Action Plan
Archiving and documentation
• Understands data collections systems and archiving/documentation of project related information
Planning and Organizing,
• Provide support in planning and implementing project workplans in effective and efficient manner
• Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
• Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
• Self-development, initiative-taking
• Acting as a team player and facilitating team-work
• Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
• Creating synergies through self-control
• Managing conflict
• Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
• Informed and transparent decision making
Positions/ Duty station: 1 in GB, 1 in KP
Required Skills and Experience
A university degree in development studies, Business management studies, economics, statistics, social sciences or related field
• At least 3 years of related experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting with special focus on gender inclusion;
• Thorough understanding of the climate change context in Pakistan
• Experience working with UN system, government institutions and international or non-governmental organizations supporting development work in environment and climate change with special focus on gender inclusive M&E strategy formulations is preferrable;
• Good knowledge and demonstrated work experience on planning, monitoring, reporting and gender is desirable
• Demonstrated report writing skills with an ability to communicate effectively
• Excellent interpersonal skills and abilities to deal with different stakeholders
• Strong demonstrated experience of encouraging and supporting female participation;
• Ability to work team-oriented and collaborative with a variety of stakeholders;
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
• Knowledge of UN system is desirable
• Fluency in English and Urdu.