Consultant - Communications Officer
Individual Contract - SSA ( First Shift (Day) )
Master’s degree in Communication or other relevant disciplines.
3 Years(• At least 3 years’ experience and successful track record in the field of communication for development;)
UN Women Pakistan is hiring a Communications Officer (Consultant) for the Ending Violence Against Women (EVAW), Governance and Human Rights (HR) Programme, who has expertise on gender, human rights, innovative behavioral change communication tools and strategies and linkages with media personal, houses and groups.
The Communications Officer (Consultant), under the direct supervision of the Portfolio Manager, will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop the EVAW unit’s communication strategy and plan.
- Lead media relations - including regular information flow, organizing media events and preparing media products such as press releases, talking points, media walls, etc.
- Strengthen partnership with media representatives/ journalists, media houses/ outlets, including print and electronic media (newspapers, TV, radio, web, photography, creative animation and designing).
- Organise, develop, monitor and share analysis pertinent to press conferences, media talks, media briefs, press releases, talking points feature stories, comic series and media kits.
- Manage publicity campaigns.
- Develop IEC materials including, but not limited to, preparation and sharing of reports, project briefs, infographics and advocacy material under the programme pillar.
- Regular contribution to updates and content management of the website, social media (Facebook, twitter, blogs etc.) and other UN online boards.
1) Developing a Communication Strategy with Action Plan: Develop, maintain and update a comprehensive communication strategy for EVAW, HR & Governance Unit and associated action plan targeting key stakeholders. Strategy and communication plan will include stakeholder analysis, risk assessment and innovative strategic interventions for advocacy and campaigning.
2) Media Campaign: Prepare a Media campaign as needed for the EVAW Unit’s projects and activities including case studies and stories from the field, highlighting important events and achievements; conduct outreach to media outlets to share these stories.
3) Content Development: Develop content for social media and website. Content should be based on EVAW projects, stories from the field, as well as issues that are relevant to the UN Women’s mandate on ending VAW.
4) 16 Days of Activism Campaign: Develop 16 Days of Activism campaign plan. Engage partners to take part in the campaign and share their stories on media and social media. Highlight the actions and events being implemented through this campaign and share on media and social media on a regular basis to generate and sustain interest.
5) Project briefs and advocacy material: Develop project briefs and advocacy material that can be used as communication tools for sharing with a variety of audiences, including media, donors and the general public.
Minimum academic qualification of a Master’s degree in Communication or other relevant disciplines.
- At least 3 years’ experience and successful track record in the field of communication for development;
- Experience in planning, designing and implementing communication products and strategy;
- Experience with strategic communication, media, social media, advertising, public relations, political campaigns, digital campaigns, social marketing, and related activities;
- Proven expertise in the design and implementation of advocacy campaigns;
- Excellent knowledge, experience, and understanding of development issues, gender issues and cultural context of the country;
- Proven ability in dealing with media, civil society and advocacy groups at the local and national levels;
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills in English;
- Command on drafting professional public communication materials, including using innovative techniques and approaches such as videos and infographics.
- Fluency in English and Urdu is required.