Purpose of the post:
To provide assistance related to general areas of administration and specific HR areas as per segregation of duties related to documentation, maintaining personnel files. Provide assistance and support to Admin & HR Unit as and when required on routine matters.
Overview of the Program:
To eradicate polio from Pakistan as per the objectives laid out in the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) End Game and Strategic Plan 2017-2018 as well as to reduce morbidity and mortality of other EPI target diseases. Polio eradication is a global goal and priority for WHO. Pakistan is one of only 3 remaining endemic countries and stopping transmission of wild poliovirus in Pakistan will be a definitive step in achieving polio eradication. WHO has a large technical team working closely with Government and partners on polio eradication in Pakistan
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader – Administration/HR and Administrative & Finance Officer (Polio) with an overall supervision of the National Team Leader (Polio), the incumbent will be responsible to perform the following duties:
1. To draft correspondence, memoranda, reports related to administrative matters as and when required.
2. To assist in arranging internal and external meetings.
3. Provide advice, briefing and training for staff on rules, regulations, work procedures and use of GSM.
4. Monitors and ensure validation of international staff passports/UNLP’s and Visa’s through regular follow-up.
5. Screen incoming correspondence and emails, and direct communications to respective staff. Ensure compliance of WHO Pakistan office with administrative rules, policies and procedures.
6. Contribute to the development of the office administrative practices and procedures, Identify gaps and problems, recommends and apply corrective actions.
7. Search and compile a wide range of data from different sources, including GSM, and prepare special reports, evaluations, statistics and briefings for management analysis for all activities related to area of work.
8. To assist in preparation of the office budget.
9. To perform other duties as required