| | Industry:
Planning & Development
Contract ( First Shift (Day) )
Pakistan faces a variety of natural hazards that have led to recurrent disasters in past years, leaving behind critical gaps and heightened vulnerabilities within affected communities. The Multi-Year Humanitarian Programme (MYHP) for Natural Disaster Preparedness, Response and Recovery in Pakistan is based on a consortium led by the International Organization for Migration (IOM).
The consortium comprises ACTED, FAO, HANDS, IOM and UNICEF has been formed to devise and deliver integrated, multi-sectoral and good-value preparedness, response and recovery programming that builds local capacities, meets life-saving needs and supports community-level recovery in a way that enhances resilience for the future. Areas prone to or affected by natural disasters across the country will be targeted under the scope of this programme.
Under the overall supervision of Chief of Mission and Humanitarian Operations Manager, direct supervision of Programme Coordinator and in close coordination with consortium member agencies, the Programme Officer will responsible for deliverables outlined in the following sections:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support the Programme Coordinator in developing, improving and systematizing linkages and networks with the humanitarian partners, development actors, government counterparts and private sector.
- Support the programme in establishing of new activities and liaise with various entities including but not limited to humanitarian partners, development actors and government counterparts with a view of identifying areas of common interest and collaboration for the programme.
- Design and develop new activities/projects in close consultation/coordination with the programme coordinator and consortium members.
- Undertake development of project documents and concept notes in close coordination with the relevant consortium members, focusing mainly on humanitarian, early recovery, disaster risk reduction interventions.
- Support the Programme Coordinator in resource mobilization initiatives and partnerships with a variety of stakeholders, in line with the needs of the programme.
- Coordinate the development and testing of M&E methods at all levels, revise, recommend and assist in the implementation of recommendations to improve the efficiency of current monitoring systems.
- Implement quality control mechanisms to improve the quality of the collected information, ensuring consistency across field offices, programmes and donor requirements.
- Produce analysis of programme data and identify methods to use results for services and programme improvement; work together with consortium members and programme partners to gather and analyze data for project management and evaluation
- Assist in organizing evaluation of programme and policies including through review of methodology, survey material, or suggesting data collection techniques or approaches in the implementation of planned activities.
- Follow up on findings and recommendations of programme reviews and evaluations to ensure that related recommendations are well-understood and taken into account for the continued implementation of the programme and future project development.
- Prepare and/or coordinate finalization of documents or regular reports including but not limited to quarterly progress reports, situation reports, briefing and background information required by the donors, Government and other entities in consultation with respective consortium members.
- Stay up to date regarding assessments and reports produced by other agencies and organizations and promotion inclusion of relevant and important information in consortium reports and future strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, Development or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience in development assistance projects and/or management of M&E/analytics portfolio;
- Experience in programme/project formulation, coordination with international organizations;
- Extensive work experience in challenging environments;
- Experience of working in humanitarian situations highly desirable.
- Demonstrated skills in program design, monitoring & evaluation, report writing and analysis.
- Demonstrated skills in data management, developing tools and systems for monitoring and evaluation services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (word, publisher, excel and power point)
- Experience in design and management of evaluation processes, including with multiple stakeholders
- Strong understanding of Results Based Management (RBM) approach
- Understanding of Participatory approaches, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, Logic modeling/logical framework analysis
- English and Urdu (Fluent)
- Working knowledge of other regional languages would be desirable (Pashto, Punjabi, Balochi etc.)