- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Senior Programme Assistant- CBI
Fixed Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Islamabad Capital Territrory
Organizational Context and Scope:-
Established in 1951, and operational in Pakistan since 1981, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, inter-governmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Over the years, IOM has expanded and affirmed its role as the leading Organization assisting the Government of Pakistan to ensure humane and orderly movement of people by devising practical solutions to shifting dynamics of migration, protecting, assisting and supporting vulnerable migrant populations, promoting international cooperation on migration issues and serving as a key source of advice on migration policy, research, data and practice Pakistan remains the third-largest refugee-hosting country globally, hosting Afghan refugees holding Proof of Registration (PoR) cards, Afghan Citizenship Card (ACC) holders and undocumented Afghan migrants.
IOM supports the Government of Pakistan in the implementation of cross-border programming supporting Afghan migrants and refugees which aims to contribute towards promoting peaceful co-existence with host communities. In view of present government policy, and in line with the strategic approaches adopted by the Afghanistan Situation Regional Refugee Response Plan (2022) and IOM ’s Comprehensive Action Plan for Afghanistan and Neighbouring Countries (2021-2024). IOM Pakistan will support the most vulnerable communities hosting Afghan migrants and refugees to address humanitarian needs and reduce protection risks for people on the move, in parallel to anticipatory action to mitigate the crisis impact, save lives and livelihoods, and enable societies to transition and recover towards sustainable development.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator in IOM Pakistan, the Senior Programme Assistant will be responsible for deliverables outlined in the following sections:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:-
- Coordinate with the ABC and livelihood officer to prepare monthly operational plans on distribution and progress of CBI activities and provide feedback to ensure operational efficiency.
- Coordinate with project field focal persons to systematically track cash operational progress on the internal cash system to provide vital feedback on cash infrastructure setup, operational milestones, beneficiary redemption patterns and payment processes.
- Technically assist and coordinate with project focal persons to ensure that the CBI digital infrastructure is prepared and maintained to implement CBI activities.
- Technically assist ABCs in preparing and processing CBI payments according to finance unit regulations.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate archives and tracking of all payment transactions and submissions, and follow up to ensure payments are delivered on time.
- Submit regular progress and status reports to the CBI National technical cash officer which includes recommendations and solutions for quality enhancement of CBI activities.
- Contribute to the development of public information material to be used for IOM’s social media, reports, and press releases.
- Reporting any problems arising during project implementation and providing timely practical recommendations to resolve those issues.
- Support the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team at both central and field levels, in conducting their activities in regard to all cash projects; particularly managing the Accountability to Affect Population (AAP) response mechanism for cash.
- Perform any other such duties as may be assigned by the direct supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience:-
- University degree in Business Administration, Social Science, Humanitarian Aid, Relief and Development or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Previous experience in CBI activities is an advantage.
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Confirmed experience in report writing and review in humanitarian and/or development settings;
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating cross-divisional and cross-thematic processes;
- Experience working with international humanitarian/development organizations, non-governmental institutions/organizations.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the humanitarian and resilience building context in Pakistan, and of the vulnerabilities experienced by diverse population groups;
- Familiarity with IOM’s Migration Crisis Operational Framework (MCOF) and IOM’s Project Reporting and Information Management Application (PRIMA) will be considered a distinct advantage.
- Excellent writing, communication, and negotiation skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to deliver under tight timelines;
- Analysis and synthesis capacity in the elaboration of reports and systematization of evidence.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies;
- Understanding of results-based management and reporting, mainstreaming gender and other cross-cutting issues in reports;
- Sound knowledge of project implementation/ management and a basic familiarity with financial reporting procedures;
- Demonstrated skills and experience to work with a variety of stakeholders and partners
- Proficient in information technology Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, web browsers, use of database applications.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written).
- Knowledge of Urdu and any of the Pakistani regional languages is an advantage.