Duties & Responsibilities
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
- The education needs of refugees are met through the application of International and National Commitments.
- Implementation of education projects is closely monitored and reports on financial status of projects are provided as appropriate.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Monitor and support all existing formal and informal education programs, including implementing partner and home-based girls' schools.
- Liaise with the government authorities at the national and provincial level for gradual integration of refugees in the public education system.
- Regularly update and share information related to education, utilising data collection to identify gaps, assess trends, and design interventions. Monitor and make necessary adjustments to the annual Education Workplan and budget.
- Review education proposals and monitor existing agreements with partners; in addition, work closely with the community to enhance an understanding of the importance of girls' education and enrolment of children in public schools.
- Liaise and support specialised partners in organising customised teacher training for refugees.
- Perform specific administrative operational/control tasks for project/programme activities.
Provide inputs for funding submissions, appeals and reports and meet donor reporting requirements for education projects.
- Perform other duties as required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Represent UNHCR in monitoring of education projects.
-Prepare documents and reports for clearance by the Associate Education Officer.