Project Associate, Data Integrity
Full Time/Permanent ( First Shift (Day) )
Islamabad Capital Territrory
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
The United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) operates world-wide with a target of providing resettlement opportunities to thousands of individuals each year. IOM provides a range of services and support to the USRAP including, but not limited to, case processing, migration health assessments, cultural orientation training, organized transportation and administration of a travel loan and collections program. The Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE), specifically the Resettlement and Movement Division (RMM), has the organizational responsibility to provide direction, oversight and guidance to IOM’s global support to all resettlement programs.
Under the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP), the Resettlement Support Center (RSC) provides critical support and processing services for resettlement to the US. As part of an MOU between IOM and the US State Department Bureau for Population Refugees and Migration (PRM), IOM manages the RSC for Pakistan. RSC Pakistan manages US resettlement activities in Pakistan. RSC Pakistan prepares applications for adjudication by and provides support to visiting US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, facilitates security and medical screenings, provides information about arrivals to resettlement agencies in the US and offers Cultural Orientation (CO) training to individuals departing for the US.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in Pakistan and the Project Manager, RSC Pakistan, and the direct supervision of the Project Officer, Data Integrity, RSC Pakistan, the Project Associate is responsible for supervising data integrity activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Oversee up to two teams of RSC Pakistan staff members undertaking data integrity activities in an assigned area or areas related to report management, application management and/or data quality assurance, including supporting staff development processes such as hiring, providing training, assigning duties, and giving feedback to staff members on their performance on a regular basis to ensure high quality work and the accurate completion of data integrity activities.
- Manage Data Integrity team members as they create and distribute clear, concise and timely reports for RSC Pakistan using Tableau, SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) and Microsoft Power Business Intelligence (Power BI), and as they design and publish reports presented in a clear and informative format.
- Ensure the efficient and effective maintenance of complete documentation on reports, RSC applications, and data quality assurance tools, ensuring they are utilized in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Work in partnership with RSC supervisors to gather and document application and quality assurance business and system requirements, and to translate those business and system requirements into the design and development of in-house applications, reports and data quality assurance systems that serve as comprehensive solutions for the USRAP at RSC Pakistan.
- Oversee the maintenance of the production and development reporting databases for RSC Pakistan, ensuring Data Integrity team members identify problems in logic, integrity, and efficiency in the applications, quality assurance systems, and reports in a timely manner.
- Oversee ad-hoc reporting and data analysis and regular quality assurance checks of data in START to ensure the accuracy of information and the RSC’s compliance with all USRAP and RSC SOPs in relation to reporting, application management and data quality assurance.
- Oversee Data Integrity team members as they research and respond to reporting requests from RSC Pakistan colleagues; ensure they resolve questions and issues related to RSC applications, data quality assurance and reporting systems in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- In coordination with the Project Officer, liaise with other teams and units in RSC PAKISTAN and with external partners such as USCIS, the Refugee Processing Center (RPC), panel physicians, the US Embassy, and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). Prepare unit statistics and report regularly to the Project Officer or RSC management on relevant activities, problems and solutions related to the reporting workflow pipeline.
- Train Data Integrity team members to efficiently and effectively manage data integrity activities, update START and other databases accurately and to supervise data integrity team members and activities.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the USRAP, SOPs and START, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial, and unbiased during all interactions with applicants, colleagues, and partners. Develop and implement SOPs as needed.
- Maintain and promote the confidentiality and integrity of all RSC-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert RSC management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by RSC staff members.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completed secondary education required
- Seven years of working experience with secondary education; five years of working experience with bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Management or a related discipline
- Experience communicating with legal representatives is an advantage
- Ability to use own initiative and work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Experience testing web-based solutions is a plus.
- Familiarity with iterative software development methodologies and delivery.
- Knowledge of Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and SQL Reports Server and experience in using SSMS and BIDS
- Experience testing web-based solutions is a plus. Familiarity with iterative software development methodologies and delivery.
- Knowledge of USRAP program implementation and familiarity with IOM's administrative, financial, and business rules and practices is desirable.
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Knowledge of any local language
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.