The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Country Office for Pakistan (COPAK) is tasked with assisting Pakistan through its recently developed Country Programme II (CPII) 2016-19 with a focus on illicit trafficking and border management, criminal justice and Drug Demand Reduction and HIV Prevention.
A primary contribution of the position is to ensure the maintenance and assist in Drug Demand Reduction and HIV Prevention, Sub Programme-III (SPIII). Liaison with the relevant sections in logistics arrangement, mission plans, facilitation in organizing meetings, training sessions, workshops and events at national and provincial level. Assist in monitoring work plans across the assigned Sub-programme III. In addition, liaise with the core team in the management of procurement, HR and other recurring processes.
The Sub Programme Assistant will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
Coordination and Support
• Assist sub-programme III in making necessary arrangements for official meetings, training sessions, workshops and events etc.
• Assist SP-III team in field missions and logistical support as necessary.
• Travel to field for administrative and logistical support during events and workshops whenever required.
• Facilitate SP III in dispatching correspondence, maintaining files and updated record of the sub-programme activities.
• Any other task required by programme officers or Advisor.
• Assist SP III officers in necessary documentation required scheduling of payments
• Work closely with SP III team in following up on the payment request processed.
• Prepare requisition, and prepare necessary documentation for procurement purposes under SPIII.
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, programme management, Information
technology, finance, accounting or relevant degree.
• A minimum of four years of experience.
• Solid knowledge of MS office tools (Word, Excel and Publisher) with advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS Access
• Experience with UN or International Development Sector.
The Sub Programme Assistant will be based in Country Office Pakistan, UNODC in order to meet the responsibilities required under the position.
The position will require the Sub Programme III Assistant to be based in Islamabad however travelling would be required in different cities/locations as and when required under the direct supervision of programme officers and SPIII Advisor.
Planning and Implementation Arrangements
The programme Assistant will closely work with the SPIII team under the overall supervision of SPIII Advisor.
Payment Schedule and Rate
The Programme Assistant will be issued a Service Contract (SC) in accordance with United Nations rules and procedures. Payment scale will be determined by UNDP recommended rates for SC holders. Travel costs including transportation and DSA for domestic and international travel will be paid by UNODC in accordance with United Nations rules and procedures.