This position is located in FAO Project Office in Quetta, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager, Balochistan and the Direct Supervision of the FAO Administrative Officer in Quetta the incumbent will be assigned the following tasks:
The incumbent work impacts on the timely and efficient delivery of the immediate work units programme.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Drive the project office staff and their official visitors on official trips.
- Handle local and organizational formalities when involved in an accident; ensure that in this case all organizational and local/country rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly.
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications I items from and to the country office; go to the post off airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance and log of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Responsible for safe travel and comfort of passengers.
- Performs other duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Candidates will be assessed against the following
Education: Secondary school education. Possession of valid driving license.
- Experience: Five years of work experience as a driver. Flawless, safe driving record.
- Languages: Good knowledge of Urdu and local languages in Balochistan, and working knowledge of English.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of the local driving rules and regulations; skills in minor vehicle repair.
- A high degree of punctuality and reliability is required.
- Safe driving manner. Good sense of direction and knowledge of local conditions.
- Ability to cope with extended working hours.
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT