UN Women aims at recruiting a Program officer to support the implementation of its activities related to Women’s Economic Empowerment Program. Under the overall guidance of the Country Representative/Deputy Representative and direct supervision of Portfolio Manager, WEE &SL, the Program Officer will assist in ensuring effective delivery of the CO programme by supporting the PM WEE &SL in all aspects of Program Implementation such as maintaining strategic partnerships, knowledge management and effective monitoring of the programmes executed by the Unit in accordance with UNWOMEN’s rules and regulations.
The Programme Officer may be called upon to supervise clerical and support staff of the Programme Unit to which he/she will be assigned. The Programme Officer will work in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UN Women HQs as required for ensuring adequate exchange of information.
1. Provide support in formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the Country Annual Work plan focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Support presentation of background information for implementation of UN Women WEE & SL programme including drafting of project documents, annual work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
· Follow up and coordinate with programme teams in Punjab, Balochistan, KP and Sindh on performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation of donor reports, quarterly and annual reports
· Prepare concept notes, letters, proposals and project budgets as and when required
· Support PM in management of programme activities and ensure effective implementation and monitoring of WEE &SL programme
· Support preparation of project development and Implementing Partners’ selection documents
· Arrange and manage workshops and other events related to communication support for WEE & SL programme
· Support to enhance coordination between UN agencies, public and private sector organizations at the Federal level to improve women’s access to economic opportunities.
· Support coordination with other UN Women programmes to deliver on UN Women annual workplan
- Provide effective operational and administrative support and contribute towards efficient financial administration
· Assist PM in managing the programme budgeting and financial monitoring
· Support effective management of programme’s finances/budget in ATLAS
· Assist PM in managing human resources of the program as per UN Women rules and regulations
· Support PM in developing procurement plans for the projects and programmes
· Assist PM in coordinating the exchange of information among the programme partners
· Support missions and subcontracted program activities
· Provide required support in organizing/conducting program activities
· Document programme activities and manage office records
· Maintain the programs documents in coordination with the Knowledge Management Unit
· Support other programme-related activities as required by the programme management
- Provide effective support to management of the UN Women WEE &SL programme
· Support Programme team in processing the contractual agreements for WEE & SL programme
· Support PM on managing partnerships related to programme initiatives including Government (Ministry of Finance, Planning Commission, Ministry of Law, Justice & Human Rights, National Commission on the Status of Women, Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, etc), CSOs and UN agencies.
· Provide regular support on timely preparation & execution of program approved work plans
· Provide substantial inputs for the preparation of quarterly and annual reports and work plans
· Support the functioning of project offices in Punjab, Balochistan, KP and Sindh to ensure programme delivery
· Support enhanced coordination between UN agencies, IFIs, CSOs, public and private sector organizations to promote WEE & SL interventions in the country
· Support coordination with Pakistan Bureau of Statistics and National Commission for the Status of Women on sex/gender data coordination mechanism,
· Collect and gather required information, data for program activities/initiatives throughout the programme implementation and monitoring phase
· Supporting coordination with other UN Women programmes and UN Agencies as part of OPII to facilitate WEE in the country.
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing
· Identify sources of information related to policy-driven issue and provide synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked WEE programme goal
· Contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice
· Organize trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme issues.
· Support the development of WEE &SL knowledge products
5. Any other related tasks assigned by the PM WEE &SL or Deputy Country representative
Master’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences or relevant fields
· Minimum 3 years of relevant experience at the national or international level.
· Experience in international or donor organizations will be an asset;
· knowledge of and dedication to the UN principles required; experience of working with governmental bodies as well as civil society organizations is must in providing management advisory services and hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
· Experience in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web-based management systems.
· Excellent English drafting ability and Documentation Skills.
· Knowledge of ATLAS system will be considered an asset.
Fluency in Urdu and English.