TORs are classified at a level equivalent to NO-B.
Purpose of the Consultancy
The main purpose of this consultancy is to provide technical assistance to the Federal EPI/Provincial Health Department of the assigned province in preparation, assessing implementation and evaluation of all required activities necessary for conducting a high quality Typhoid Supplementary Immunisation Activities (SIAs) and introduction of Typhoid vaccine into Expanded Programme on immunization schedule in 2019 according to WHO guideline
Pakistan will be introducing Typhoid vaccine in schedule of Expanded Programme on immunization in 2019 followed by implementation of Supplementary immunization activities in urban areas of the country and expansion of Typhoid Surveillance in country. Gavi, the vaccine alliance has agreed to provide financial support in all these components. WHO and UNICEF will provide necessary technical support.
The consultant will be based in WHO country Office or in the respective provinces. S/he will work in close coordination and collaboration with the WHO NPO/TO – EPI in the province. S/he will also work closely with the Department of Health especially the EPI program in his assigned province to support in preparation for introduction and implementing quality SIAs at the provincial level and provide technical assistance to the Provincial Task Force/Steering Committee for monitoring and evaluating preparation in all components of SIAs, introduction in routine immunization, improve the routine immunization.
Planned timelines: 01 July 2020 to 31 March 2021 (tentative)
Work to be performed (outputs):
- Monthly activity report.
- Typhoid SIA technical report and preparations for the routine immunization introduction.
- Typhoid Surveillance technical report
- Periodic reports of the results of the readiness assessments using rapid assessment tool and preparations and improvement of routine immunization.
- All data reported, produced, analyzed for the SIA and routine with its analysis in appropriate charts, tables, graphs (budget, vaccine and logistics, coverage data, Adverse Events Following immunization (AEFI) data, M&E data etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support in the planning and introduction of TCV vaccine in routine immunization, successful implementation of SIAs and enhance surveillance system of Typhoid disease.
- Provide technical assistance in developing high quality plan of action for the Typhoid campaign and implementation.
- In coordination with department of health, plan and organize TCV campaign and introduce TCV into routine immunization program.
- Participate in the steering committee/Task force meetings and provide update on the preparedness, challenges and advise solutions.
- Develop the training plan of implementation Typhoid SIAs and introduce in routine immunization.
- Assess implementation of the activities according to agreed timeline and produce related reports.
- Analyse the routine EPI data SIAs data, and provide feedback to Government and supervisors
- Develop technical report in all components i.e.: SIAs, introduction and improvement of the routine coverage.
Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
- Excellent knowledge in Routine Immunisation and Supplementary Immunization activities (SIAs), analysing vaccine preventable diseases burden and EPI data, synthesizing information and presenting clear and concise conclusion and recommendations for decision making
- Knowledge of principles, practices, methodology and techniques of immunization program
- Excellent inter-personal and written communication skill
- Strong report writing skill in English
- Working knowledge in computer software spread sheet, data analysis skill and MS Office is required.
Language requirements: Proficiency in English language
Medical clearance: The selected Consultant will be expected to provide a medical certificate of fitness for work.