Under the direct supervision of the Provincial AFO, the overall supervision of the Provincial Polio Team Leader and in collaboration with the Federal IT Specialist, the incumbent will undertake the following duties:
1. Provide technical support to the Provincial Office on various ICT areas as and when needed, including on-site and remote support, to ensure reliable operations of ICT systems being utilized by the polio programme in the province.
2. Assist in the implementation, integration and on-going administration of the ICT infrastructure facilities being utilized to host WHO applications, keeping in line with WHO ICT Standards.
3. Provide installation and troubleshooting support to the Provincial Office’s ICT related equipment.
4. Assist in maintaining checklists, procedures and processes for effective ICT infrastructure support and service delivery
5. Assist in conducting reviews with regards to support capacity, availability and reliability of ICT infrastructure and services being provided in the Provincial Office.
6. Assist to advise the Provincial Office’s staff and non-staff on their ICT needs, technical specifications for ICT systems to be procured or implemented, keeping in line with regional office ICT Standards
7. Perform regular back-ups of critical data at the provincial level in accordance with the established protocol and submit it to the Federal Office on a timely basis.
8. Serve as a potential backup for other Federal and/or Provincial ICT team members in their absence.
9. Carry out any other duties relevant to the job, as required by the supervisor(s) and/or WHO Representative.
- Demonstrates engagement and ensures own skills and knowledge are continuously updated.
- Works collaboratively with team members and counterparts to achieve results; encourages cooperation and builds a rapport; helps others when asked; accepts joint responsibility for the teams’ successes and shortcomings.
- Shares information openly with colleagues and transfers knowledge, as needed.
- Manages stress positively; remains positive and productive even under pressure; does not transfer stress to others.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in working on new projects and initiatives.
- Quickly and effectively adapts own work approach in response to new demands and changing priorities.
- Up-to-date knowledge of computer hardware & technologies being utilized in the IT field.
- Up-to-date knowledge of computer software and applications being utilized in the IT field.
- Prior experience in hardware-and-software-based troubleshooting in an institutional setting.
- Prior experience in the operational management of Local Area Network (LAN), including knowledge of Internet Service Provider (ISP) connectivity.
- Knowledge of Windows/Linux platforms is a preferred requirement.
- Prior experience working with Cisco switches and routers is an asset.
- Working knowledge with basic Networking services, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Telnet, FTP.