- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Migration Health Physician
Health & Medicine
Fixed Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Islamabad Capital Territrory
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the direct supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Islamabad, Pakistan.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure the efficient daily operations of the Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC), in close coordination with the Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO).
- Conduct the Islamabad MHAC’s migration health assessment process to fulfil the technical requirements of the resettlement countries in the areas of:
- Medical examinations.
- Laboratory testing.
- TB management.
- Treatment and referrals.
- Pre-departure procedures and medical movements.
- Documentation, certification, and information transmission; and,
- Other technical areas as may be required
- Ensure proper identification of refugees and migrants during the health assessment and record all relevant health information in standard forms; ensuring completeness and accuracy of the recorded information.
- Perform treatment for TB and sexually transmitted infections and provide support to the HIV and counselling activities. Oversee and coordinate the management of TB cases to ensure effective TB treatment.
- Oversee and coordinate accurate and effective provision of immunization and presumptive treatment programmes in full compliance with the technical guidelines and protocols of the resettlement countries. Assist CMHO in monitoring, supervising and educating all staff in the delivery of these programmes.
- Contribute to and maintain a system of quality improvement for each service area within the MHAC. Undertake quality control activities on a regular basis, including practice observation, desk audits and use of self-assessment tools. Use data analysis and web reporting system to monitor performance indicators. Ensure implementation of the global IOM Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); create and implement Islamabad MHAC specific SOPs for each service area. Ensure proper reporting and management of incidents according to the Guidance Note for Incident Management.
- Organize systematic collection, processing, and analyses of migration health data according to guidelines established by the CMHO. Ensure data quality. Provide periodic, as well as ad-hoc reporting to the CMHO for Migration Health activities.
- Ensure that all data related to heath assessment programmes is appropriately entered to Migrant Management Operational System Application (MiMOSA) and other related databases.
- Oversee the financial aspects of the MHAC in close coordination with the mission's finance staff supervise budget preparation, suggest adjustments and cost-effective solutions, and review financial reports.
- Provide oversight and coordinate the procurement of medical equipment, vaccines, medications and other medical supplies in coordination with the CMHO and the Resource Management Unit.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Medicine from an accredited academic institution with at least four years of professional work experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years, post-graduation, (post internship in countries with mandatory internship programs) continuous clinical experience, preferably in a multidisciplinary hospital setting. The last clinical posting should be within the last five years; and,
- Valid license to practice within country is mandatory.
- Position specific skills, for example:
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and,
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
- Fluency in English and Urdu are required. (oral and written).
- Desirable languages: Pashto and Farsi/Dari
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.