Organizational Context & Project Description:
UNICEF Pakistan expanding supply and logistics operations to meet the requirements of programme units. UNICEF is endeavouring to ensure that its planning and monitoring function is able to respond to day to day raising demands of the new country programme, and to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness leading to improved supply operations performance.
Under the supervision of the Chief, Supply & Logistics, the Supply & Logistics Analyst will be responsible to:
- Lead hoteling logistics by taking action on requisitions received from all requesting units for hotel accommodations, market research, compiling requests, managing timely bookings and analysing outcomes.
- Coordinate among focal persons of supply, logistics and programme to ensure timely delivery of required goods & services.
- Custodian for samples received against tenders and keeping a track record.
- Assisting in preparation of technical & financial evaluations (when required).
- Act as focal person for document control and record maintenance.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the focal person for managing the hotel booking for all programme service requisitions.
- Receive the invoice from Hotels for the relevant events and process for the payment through concerned programme.
- Keep a proper record of approved & rejected samples. Ensure proper safeguarding of approved samples & arrange handing over of rejected samples to the vendors.
- Organize the security clearance for invitee bidders to access Diplomatic Enclave & unrestricted premises. Also, assist relevant supply personnel in obtaining timely security clearance for the suppliers as and when needed.
- Act as a focal person for receiving incoming mail and its vigilant distribution. Also provide timely assistance to Supply & Logistics Section for dispatching mail.
- Provide assistance for scanning of CRC, POs, Contracts or any other document/s as and when required.
- Provide assistance for document management of Supply & Logistics Section both electronic & hard copies.
- Act as a focal person for record management including archiving of old record and maintaining catalogue system.
- Maintain database for LTAs, Supplier Code of Conduct and Letter of Intent.
- Facilitate Low value procurement.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country.
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
- The key duties and responsibilities will have an impact on the efficiency & effectiveness of supply operations. Accurate management of knowledge and information will support achievement of results and strengthen timely delivery of the project.
- A final statement of achievements towards volunteerism for peace and development during the assignment, such as reporting on the number of volunteers mobilized, activities participated in and capacities developed.
Qualifications / Requirements
Education: University degree in Social Sciences or other related field, in combination with an additional 2 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Required Experience: A minimum of five years of relevant professional work experience in social development, supply operations or humanitarian.
- Demonstrable experience in coordination, logistics, supply operations for international organizations, NGOs or the government;
- Understanding of both the methodology and practical application of knowledge management strategies; knowledge of current theories and best practices in knowledge research planning and strategy desirable;
- Good written and spoken English and Urdu.
Competencies and Values:
- Ability to work in a complex and multi-stakeholder environment;
- Good computer skills for data analysis, preparation of presentation and report writing; and excellent writing skills.
- Integrity and professionalism: demonstrated expertise in knowledge management and ability to apply good judgment; high degree of autonomy, personal initiative and ability to take ownership; willingness to accept wide responsibilities and ability to work independently under established procedures in a politically sensitive environment, while exercising discretion, impartiality and neutrality; ability to manage information objectively, accurately and confidentially; responsive and client-oriented.
- Accountability: mature and responsible; ability to operate in compliance with organizational rules and regulations.
- Commitment to continuous learning: initiative and willingness to learn new skills and stay abreast of new developments in area of expertise; ability to adapt to changes in work environment.
- Planning and organizing: effective organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to manage a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner; ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor (own) work; ability to work under pressure, with conflicting deadlines, and to handle multiple concurrent projects/activities.
- Teamwork and respect for diversity: ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and harmonious working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender;
- Communication: proven interpersonal skills; good spoken and written communication skills, including ability to prepare clear and concise reports; ability to conduct presentations, articulate options and positions concisely; ability to make and defend recommendations; ability to communicate and empathize with staff (including national staff), military personnel, volunteers, counterparts and local interlocutors coming from very diverse backgrounds; ability to maintain composure and remain helpful towards the staff, but objective, without showing personal interest; capacity to transfer information and knowledge to a wide range of different target groups;
Conditions of Service:
The duration of your assignment is 12 months with possibility of extension subject to availability of funding, operational necessity and satisfactory performance. However, there is no expectation of renewal of the assignment.
A Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA) of PKR 75,000 is provided monthly to cover housing, utilities and normal cost of living expenses. Well-being Differential of 15% (WBD-A) or 30% (WBD-B) of the VLA will apply, paid on a monthly basis, depending on the ICSC classification of the duty station.
Life, health and permanent disability insurance are included as well as resettlement allowance for satisfactory service.
The United Nations Volunteers programme (UNV) is an equal opportunity programme which welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture.