Administrative/Finance Officer for Women Empowerment Department, Govt. of Punjab
UNFPA and Women’s Development Department have signed a workplan to support the implementation of “Protection against harassment at workplace Act 2010” and to undertake “advocacy for inclusive policy making and programming” using Social and Economic Wellbeing Survey data. To implement the work plan, UNFPA is supporting WDD in hiring of Admin and Finance Officer through third party recruitment. The recruitment will be conducted in close collaboration of UNFPA and WDD Punjab.
Responsibility and Scope of Work:
· Overall responsibility for all aspects of financial and administrative management for the project activities including but not limited to providing support with regards to reporting, clearance procedures on finance, procurement, recruitment, travel in line with Govt. policies.
· Coordinate with the vendors to prepare the necessary documentation for all direct payment requests to UNFPA Country Office processed through Global Programming System (GPS) as per government policies and procedures in collaboration and guidance with commission’s finance officer.
· Provide on-going support and guidance to Implementing Partners to ensure compliance with policies, rules and regulations, and that value-for-money principles are observed in planning, budgeting and programme delivery.
· Assist Research and Coordination Adviser in ensuring compliance with policies and procedures to avoid potential audit findings and especially during procurement and recruitment processes.
· Detects potential over/ under expenditures trends and propose appropriate actions to project managers.
· Preparing progress reports for quarterly review meetings and presenting financial progress on the project along with Research and Coordination Adviser in progress review meetings.
· Draft all necessary administration and financial management correspondence and be responsible for follow-up
· Perform all office administration duties including quotation requests, purchase order follow-ups, stationery supplies, procurement, routine file back-ups and multimedia presentations, and external support logs / fault reporting.
· Assist in organizing programme events including logistical arrangements.
· Prepare the Quarterly Financial Report at the time of requesting the advance of funds on the basis of a corresponding work plan and budget
· Monitor payment requests within the project; obtain necessary clearances and ensure payments are effected promptly.
· Collect quotations for equipment and materials for the project and prepare and follow up on procurement requests. Prepare detailed cost estimates and lead reconciliation, budget analysis and projections as required perform any other duties as required by the Project Coordinator.
Duration of Appointment:
6 months contract
Place where services are to be delivered:
Women Development Department Lahore
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
§ The person should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Public Administration or closely related field.
§ Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (word, excel, outlook) and web-based applications
Experience: At least 3 years’ experience in financial and administration office.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
· Strong interpersonal skills; commitment to team work and to working across disciplines, cultures and stakeholders at all levels
· Strong managerial and financial oversight skills, covering the full programme/project cycle
· Good judgment in balancing the need to follow orders and take initiatives.
· Well-organized and trustworthy person, methodical in his/her approach to the office environment and financial management of the programme;
· Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines without compromising the quality of outputs;
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when dealing with sensitive issues;
· Fluency in English and Urdu required
· Cultural awareness and sensitivity to gender issues;
Availability and willingness to travel.