The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is an important partner of the Government of Pakistan for achieving national development goals. UNDP works with the Government, civil society and development partners in four broad programmatic areas; Policy Development, Democratic Governance, Environment and Climate Change and Crisis Prevention and Recovery.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Communications Analyst, the Communications intern will work as part of the Communications team to achieve the results outlined below. He/she will be responsible to support implementation of the corporate communications strategy, as well as provide inputs to the design, management and implementation of the Country Office communications and publication strategies which are geared to influence the development agenda, promote public and media outreach and mobilize political and financial support for UNDP.
Summary of Key Functions:
Video production support:
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Communications Analyst, the Video Intern’s duties will include:
• Producing animated videos of UNDP’s work on various projects;
• Editing videos to be pushed through a variety of media channels (social, digital…etc)
• Developing high-end motion infographics, case study videos
• Responding to requests for video support and material;
• Managing production equipment, including computer hardware and software;
• Collaborating with team members
Impact of Results
The key results should have an impact on the overall efficiency of UNDP’s advocacy efforts.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Adobe After Effects; Adobe Creative Suite; Adobe Premiere;
- Production of animated content, motion graphics and infographics;
- Recording broadcast/professional quality video and audio;
- Knowledge of different video formats and file conversions from multiple formats;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Attention to details;
- Identifies priority activities and assignments;
Education: Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Mass communications, media relations, journalism, filmmaking, publishing or related field.
Currently enrolled in undergraduate/graduate programme or have completed a university degree no more than one year ago.
Language: Fluency in English and Urdu required.
Duration: 8-10 weeks
Candidates who get selected for internship at UNDP shall be required to provide proof of medical insurance for the duration of the internship.
UNDP provides the Equal Opportunity for all equally qualified male & female including the physically challenged candidates, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply (local and internal VA)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) does not charge fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interviews, selection or induction etc. Moreover, UNDP does not concern itself with any information on the applicants bank accounts.