| | Industry:
Fixed Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM), overall supervision of the National Resource Management Officer and direct supervision of the Senior ICT Assistant, the ICT Assistant provides ICT support in the IOM mission in Pakistan.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide end user support and ensure that all ICT issue tickets and queries are logged and resolved appropriately, meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLA). Escalate to Regional ICT Officer, Global User Support (GUS) and supervisor when necessary.
- Provide support for planned technology upgrades for network, systems and applications; including servers and WAN/LAN; maintain existing network, systems and applications (core services) in coordination with the Global User Support.
- Collaborate with relevant units, when assigned, for joint development and delivery of new applications, websites, systems, and networks. Maintain and ensure updates/stability of newly developed systems, websites, networks after its development.
- Perform monitoring of systems, network (LAN, WAN), applications and provide routine control of servers and data. Administer and monitor the electrical systems, telephone IP systems, IP PBX and security systems.
- Provide technical guidance for use of office technology. Provide training to staff/users to facilitate productive use of existing, new systems and ICT tools and applications.
- Provide remote and on-site technical support for all IOM sub offices and other IOM entities in Pakistan as maybe required including possible in country travel to support such systems.
- Install and re-locate the organizational unit’s hardware, coordinate equipment servicing and manage user account. Maintain an up to date IT inventory (hardware and software) and advice the management on assets that require replacement and software license renewal in a timely manner.
- Produce and maintain comprehensive documentation and reference materials for planned and delivered user and technical services when assigned.
- Assist in establishing technical relationship and collaboration with other pertinent department/units – and with partners, suppliers and service providers – to identify opportunities for optimizing business and system effectiveness.
- Support ICT procurement, and liaise and coordinate with ICT procurement, GSU, Global Procurement and Supply Unit, local ICT service providers and local ICT companies.
- Perform such other duties and functions as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or the CoM.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Secondary school diploma with at least four years of relevant working experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, IT Management, or an equivalent combination of training with at least two years of relevant working experience.
- Working experience in administration and maintenance of Microsoft Windows network environment (LAN/ WAN).
- Working experience in administrative work and/or direct user support and computer and communication equipment troubleshooting.
- Required (specify the required knowledge)
- English and Urdu (fluent)
- Knowledge of other official IOM or local language is an advantage.