This is an open call for applications for UNHCR Group 2 candidates for General Service positions (Round 3). Successfully screened candidates will be given access to apply to internally advertised GS positions with UNHCR Pakistan.
All applicants who have PREVIOUSLY applied and received confirmation for their inclusion in Group 2 (for UNHCR - Pakistan), please ignore this call.
What is Group 2?
UNHCR uses candidate groups in the recruitment for General Service positions. Group 2 is a candidate pool consisting of people who fall under the categories below, with one year of continuous or cumulative service with UNHCR/UN in the country of vacancy.
- Current locally recruited UNHCR staff members holding a Temporary Appointment.
- Former locally recruited UNHCR staff members who held an indefinite or fixed-term appointment (within 2 years of separation for males and 5 years for females).
- National United Nations Volunteers currently working for UNHCR.
- National UNOPS and Individual Contractors currently working for UNHCR.
- Current UNHCR General Service staff members holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment applying to a position two grades above the staff member’s personal grade.
- Current UNHCR staff members in the International Professional category holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment.
- Current UNHCR National Professional Officers holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment.
- Current locally recruited female staff members from other UN system organizations holding the equivalent of an indefinite or fixed-term appointment.
Group 2 status is valid for three years, during which candidates will be given access to apply for internal UNHCR Pakistan GS vacancies.
How to get into Group 2:
Interested candidates should submit their general application against this call and are requested to apply via Rozee.pk portal in order to be considered for Group 2.
What are the other Groups?
Candidates for vacancy announcements in the GS category are divided in Group 1, Group 2 and external candidates. Group 1 consists of current GS staff members in UNHCR who hold an indefinite or fixed-term appointment, and are granted priority consideration in the recruitment/assignment process. Group 2 are candidates mentioned above. External candidates are all other candidates who do not fall under Group 1 and Group 2.
***All candidates need to submit their application through the open call to be able to be considered as Group 2 candidate.
The eligibility for Group 2 is calculated from the moment the application is submitted. It is enough to demonstrate the eligibility at that time. E.g. if an NPO resigns from UNHCR after sending the application to the open call, the candidate can remain a Group 2 candidate for GS positions for three years.
The three year “internal applicant status” is reduced to two years in respect of former male staff members, given that they are eligible to apply to internally advertised positions for two years. If needed, the documentation demonstrating the required experience can be requested later in the process.
The date of validation of Group 2 status is the date the local human resources completes the screening. Group 2 status is valid for three years from the date of inclusion into the Group.
After three years, the candidate should contact UNHCR again if they want to remain on the mailing list. Their eligibility as a Group 2 candidate will be checked again at that time.
 Cumulative experience can also be a combination of categories. Breaks in service of three months or less do not impact the qualifying period.
 Current means at the time of application for the open call.