Organizational Setting and Work Relationships:
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Communications or Donor Relations Officer, the Associate Reporting Officer contributes to production, editing and quality control of reports for his/her Area of Responsibility (AOR). By systematization and sharing of accurate and timely information, the incumbent promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNHCR.
S/he establishes close contacts with all UNHCR sections in the AOR to gather and analyse information. S/he maintains effective professional relationships with a wide variety of donors, operational and implementing partners, UN agencies, and other stakeholders to gather, analyse and disseminate information about activities of UNHCR and its partners.
The Associate Reporting Officer in Sub-Office Peshawar will also be required to:
Taking into account the growing operation demands in the face of COVID19 global pandemic and high standard reporting requirements, the Sub-Office Peshawar, the Associate Reporting Officer will support the operational needs for reporting both internally as well as externally to donors, humanitarian actors and other stake holders within the ongoing inter-agency coordination architecture.
In addition to fulfilling the reporting needs, the incumbent is also expected to strengthen the visibility of UNHCR work in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province where most of the refugees are located at present. The candidate should also poses the required skills to improve the quality of reports among the core units in the office and within the Sub Office.
The incumbent is expected to assist in writing project proposals for funding submission, attend operational coordination meetings and prepare summary reports, while also providing training/coaching to staff on reporting to ensure improved and quality reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep abreast of all developments in the country operation/ bureau/ division or other entity to prepare appropriate briefings and reports.
- Draft regular daily, weekly and monthly up-date for internal and external audience (including donors and media).
- Consolidate and analyse data on programme implementation, achievements and indicators in all sectors under AoR in order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports and activity-specific reports as may be required and ensure timeliness of such reports.
- Participate in annual reporting and planning process.
- Work closely with Information Management to ensure accurate and attractive data presentation, including maps.
- Support the monitoring of UNHCR’s partnerships and consolidate information about Partners’ activities.
- Assist in the preparation of briefing kits and presentations for missions and visitors.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for donors, in compliance with specific donor requirements. Make efforts to enhance donor satisfaction by ensuring quality reporting on programmatic results to donor. Assist in providing visibility for donors’ contributions to UNHCR.
- Research/analyse, interpret and also, monitor and review information and data from regular and wide variety of sources for internal and external reporting.
- Prepare and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Provide technical support, training and clarification on UNHCR’s reporting policies and deadlines.
- May prepare press releases; conceptualize, draft and edit stories for external communications products and support all aspects of its production, including fact checking, proofreading and quality control.
- Support UNHCR inter-agency coordination initiatives and leadership through provision of reporting and secretariat functions where relevant.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1-year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field of Education
Journalism, Public Administration, Communication, International relations, Political Science, Law or other relevant field.
Experience in conducting, participating in and reporting on meetings, and drafting reports. Experience in programme/project development, planning, implementation, and/or monitoring.
Experience in a field mission and at Headquarters / in the UN Common System and country context. Experience undertaking operational and analytical work in the field of international affairs, international security, humanitarian affairs, development or journalism. Donor relations or liaison with media.
· IT-MS Office Applications
· IT-AutoCAD (Computer Assisted Design Software)
· SP-CAD/CAM Computer-Aided Design & Manufacturing
· MS-Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation
· SP-Sphere Handbook
· SP-Shelter Assessment including survey/implementation/monitoring/evaluation/coordination
· UN-Knowledge of UN/UNHCR terminology
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
· Organizational Awareness
· Teamwork & Collaboration
· Commitment to Continuous Learning
· Client & Result Orientation
· Judgement and Decision Making
· Analytical Thinking
· Planning and Organizing
· Political Awareness