Knowledge Management, Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
National Project Personnel (NPP) ( First Shift (Day) )
University post-graduate qualification in development studies, agricultural economics, business administration or related field.
Overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan (FAOR); direct supervision of the National Project Coordinator; close collaboration with government officials, including the National Project Director and National Focal Points of the Sindh Provincial Governments Revenue Board and Planning and Development, Agriculture, Livestock and Dairy Development, Irrigation and Forestry Departments and Dadu, Jamshoro, Larkarna, Matiari, Mirpur Khas, Sujawal, Tando Allahyar and Tando Muhammad Khan District/Divisional Revenue Department and Agriculture, Livestock, Irrigation and Forestry Offices; and assisted by project staff of the Project Management Unit (i.e. short-term international consultants and short and long-term national consultants recruited by FAO), and international and national sub-contractors (e.g. NGOs and consultancy firms). More specifically, the following tasks will be undertaken according to the project context:
- Implement a results-based monitoring system to provide timely feedback to project management on the progress and achievements of the project in accordance with the work plan and approved logical framework and identify obstacles which may hamper the attainment of projects results and objectives.
- Develop tools for monitoring and data collection as required and provide training to enumerators and project staff involved in monitoring and data collection.
- Prepare monitoring reports and case studies as required.
- Assume a lead responsibility in conducting project surveys including but without being limited to the identification of most appropriate method for information gathering, preparation of data collection tools, quality assurance, training of enumerators, supervise data entry, data analysis and report generation.
- Conduct periodic and unscheduled field visits to obtain beneficiary feedback and to ensure timely, equitable and transparent delivery of assistance to beneficiaries.
- Develop a project monitoring plan with indicators both at output and outcome level.
- Prepare periodic progress reports on the implementation and result status as required.
- Oversee development and implementation of the Projects communication and visibility plan.
- Perform any other relevant task as requested by the Supervisor.
- The incumbent will ensure strict adherence to the UNDSS security procedures and advisory and perform any additional security related task on voluntary basis as required by the Supervisor.
Technical Competencies and Experience Requirements
- At least 05 years of professional experience, with practical experiences in protected
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is essential
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively in the field
- Excellent communication, networking, written and presentation skills
- Fluent in English with strong writing and presentation skills
University post-graduate qualification in development studies, agricultural economics, business administration or related field. At least five years of relevant experience in agricultural and rural development as a socio-economist or monitoring and evaluation specialist. A working knowledge of the English language, competency in word processing, spreadsheet and databases computer software and an ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential