This position is located in FAO Representation Office in Islamabad, Pakistan. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of FAO Representative in Pakistan and in close coordination with Assistant FAO Representative (Program / Administration), the incumbent will report to Communication Officer in performance of the following functions:
- To assist in implementing the overall communication strategy of FAO Pakistan with a focus on FAO activities in Pakistan.
- To support and assist Communications at FAO Pakistan Representation in visibility, outreach and advocacy project
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist in arranging media coverage, dissemination and follow up activities on a range of events of the FAO programmes in Representation and FAOPK field offices such as conferences, workshops, international days and other meetings.
- Initiate preparation of press releases, write-ups, leaflets, project fact sheets, talking points, note taking and power point presentations.
- Clear all drafts with Communication Officer
- Arrange and catalogue photographs from the field and take photographs as and when required
- Regularly Gather success stories from FAO projects and provide drafts to for finalization to Communication Officer
- Pitch material regularly to Communication Officer in Islamabad for FAO Corporate communication channels
- Assist in the preparation of FAO Pakistan quarterly newsletter.
- Assist in preparation of communication and visibility material for events at the Representation office in Islamabad.
- Liaise with Information management team to accomplish communication objectives.
- Assist in preparation of social media content.
- Master’s degree in Mass communications, social sciences or related areas;
- 05 years of relevant working experience;
- Strong writing & communications skills.
- Good knowledge of Urdu and Pashtu, and a good working knowledge of English and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in communication and diffusion strategies and techniques, reporting and documentation
- Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity;
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment;
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high pressure;
- Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards
- Understanding of the purpose and functions of technical programmes, operational guidelines and programme/project management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO would be considered an added asset.
· All applications will be reviewed and qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
· FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
· Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
· Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
· Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
· For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the iRecruitment website at http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/ and complete your online profile. Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org