Purpose of the post: To support in the implementation of training activities related to the Polio Eradication Initiative (PEI) Programme in all districts of the province, through which personnel at all functional levels are taught the key technical and strategic aspects of their interventions in the Programme, to facilitate and ensure their effective performance when carrying out their roles.
Overview of the Programme: The continued transmission of poliovirus in Pakistan is a national emergency. Pakistan is one of two (with Afghanistan) last remaining reservoir of endemic poliovirus transmission in the World. Recently the Polio Eradication Initiative (PEI) Programme has made tremendous progress by reaching and vaccinating persistently missed children and detecting and responding rapidly to the presence of the poliovirus whenever and wherever it is identified. The programme aims to achieve cessation of transmission of Poliovirus from Pakistan by the end of year 2023 through routine and supplementary immunization and high-quality AFP surveillance system. In addition, to reduce morbidity of other EPI target diseases.
Organizational context: Under the direct supervision of the Training Coordinator and the overall supervision of the Delivery and Operations Unit Lead, the incumbent will be responsible for performing the following duties:
1. Analyze the National PEI training indicators and reports, and identify training needs of the program
2. With the support from the Training Coordinator, put together an implement a suitable capacity building workplan
3. Develop tools and training material useful and required as per the program needs and requirements.
4. Organize periodic revision training materials and tools for updates following changes of program protocols and guidelines
5. Develop and implement training modules and curriculum for the PEI including all SIA strategies as well as for the AFP surveillance activities
6. Assess impact of trainings against key performance metrices including National Emergency Action Plan performance indicators
7. Support the Training Coordinator in Developing a capacity building plan for Provincial Training team as well as other provincial and District workforce in collaboration with the Provincial team leaders
8. Support the preparation of a quarterly program training activities in collaboration with the provincial training officers and ensure proper utilization of the training budgets and funds
9. Maintain National training records and reports for yearly training activities analysis against provided budgets and funds.
10.Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly training activities reports
11.Work with partners to improve training quality and analyze opportunities for innovations and improvement
12.Conduct ToTs and support in monitoring and evaluating the quality of transfer of trainings in the field and impact on performance improvement.
13.Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor in accordance with the objectives and deliverables of the Delivery and Operations Unit
1. Demonstrates the required skills in relevant/required work area and ability to carry out work independently.
2. Shares information openly with colleagues and transfers knowledge, as needed.
3.Seeks feedback to improve knowledge and performance; shows self-awareness when seeking and receiving feedback; uses feedback to improve own performance.
4. Acts proactively and stimulates action as needed; handles problems effectively and constructively.
5. Quickly and effectively adapts own work approach in response to new demands and changing priorities.
6. Seeks to understand internal synergies between own and others’ work within the Organization.
7. Ability to work under pressure and difficult conditions.
8. Demonstrates integrity by modeling the international values and ethical standards of the United Nations.
9. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleague
10.Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting.
11.Ability to go beyond established procedures and models and propose new approaches.
Professional experience and skills:
· Minimum Two (2) years of proven experience in capacity building and training in a large-scale enterprise.
· Basic knowledge of adult learning principles.
· Budgetary and planning skills related to the implementation of training activities.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (eg. Word, Excel and Power point).
· Knowledge and experience of working on public health issues would be an asset.
· University Degree in Public/Business Administration
· Training certificates will be given due consideration.
· Proficient use of English.
· Knowledge of other local languages (eg. Urdu, Pashtu, Punjabi) is an asset.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.