Under the overall and direct supervision of the International Programme Specialist for Humanitarian Affairs, with reporting responsibilities to the UNFPA Deputy Representative, and in coordination with the M&E Officers, Humanitarian colleagues, the Information Management Officer will essentially render information management support for the Humanitarian portfolio in 2018.
The information management officer will work closely with the thematic lead for RH and GBV in the CO and Provincial Offices:
Main Task and Responsibilities:
● Collect, consolidate and analysis of data on affected population and analyses data based on key RH and GBV indicators/targets.
● Prepare monthly Humanitarian Situation Reports, donor media briefing kits including maps and infographics
● Collection and consolidation of data on UNFPA response and provide regular updates to hub and to national office on the progress and gaps ‘vis a vis’ targets.
● Coordinate data collection efforts within the RHWG and GBV SC in the hub to ensure harmonization of data standards and to avoid duplication and over-assessment by multiple agencies.
● Collaborate with IM actors in the collection and storage of data, usage of software and sharing of expertise in order to streamline IM activities.
● Attend regular coordination meetings on IM-related matters and dissemination of the summary records of those meetings.
● Participate in promoting established data sharing mechanism.
● Collaborate with hub partners to define IM terms and numbers for common use of the Humanitarian community.
● Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Supervisor.