UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager, the Project Assistant works with and provides support to the members of the Project Team in the development and implementation of effective Projects consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. S/he provides Project, administrative, and logistical assistance to the team for the smooth Project implementation.
· Bachelor’s degree in Development, Social Sciences or any other related field is essential.
· At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in Project management/support;
· Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
· Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
· Experience in supporting a team
· Fluency in English and Urdu is required;
· Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.