In Pakistan, the UN reform is focused on alignment to national priorities and enhanced coordination among development partners, i.e. Government, Donors, UN and Civil Society for efficient, effective and coherent Programme delivery. The One Programme of the UN in Pakistan combines the efforts of the 19 UN entities in Pakistan and aims at minimizing duplications and responding to the sectoral national needs in a collective and coordinated manner.
The position of Porgramme Analyst is based in the UN Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO) mandated to support the UN Country Team for effective coordination and delivery of One programme results by the respective UN agencies. Under the overall supervision of the Head of RCO, the Programme Analyst will support the Senior Coordination Officer and Strategic Planning Specialist on programme and coordination aspects of the RC Office, including the One Programme.
Functions / Key Results Expected
1. Follow-up on One Progarmme implementation and track progress on regular basis.
2. Track utilization and progress against the Pakistan One Fund provisions and coordinate with UN agency focal points and Administrative Agent (UNDP) of the One Fund for processing of One Fund provisions.
3. Prepare analysis and background documentations for Co-Chairs meetings, Inter-Agency Thematic Working Groups (TWGs), Core Committees, UN-GoP and Donor meetings and workshops.
4. Facilitate timely preparation of annual work plans pertaining to the Joint Programmes, UNCT and RCO and track progress against approved work plans for reporting purposes.
5. Contribute substantially in preparation of Resident Coordinator’s Annual Report (RCAR), UNCT work plan, and RC and UNCT performance appraisal.
6. Provide support in preparing working papers and periodic follow-up for implementation of decisions of the High Level Committee (HLC), the Executive Committee (EC) and UNCT meetings.
7. Provide substantive inputs for results-oriented reporting on the One Programme and other aspects of DaO including business harmonization.
8. Contribute in reporting for the UN headquarters related to resident coordination and Delivering as One.
9. Support RCO is preparation of reports, policy papers, briefs and analysis of data and other information for UN agencies, donors and government counterparts.
10. Undertake any other task assigned by Senior Coordination Officer/ Strategic Planning Specialist.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the UN
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Good drafting skills
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- Ability to effectively manage programme implementation with multi-tiered development partners, including UN agencies, government entities, donors and civil society organizations in support of Programme implementation, monitoring and mobilize resources.
- Good knowledge of the Results Management Guide and Toolkit
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/attitudinal change
Analysis and Leadership:
- Strong analytical skills with focus on impact and results
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexites