Working under the supervision of the Assistant Country Director /Chief, Crisis Prevention and Recovery Unit (CPRU), the Young Professional Officer will provide core professional assistance and support to the Unit Chief and Programme Officers.
More specifically, the responsibilities include:
- Assist Unit Chief and Programme Officers in connection with project implementation to achieve set targets.
- Provide regular assistance to Unit colleagues in preparation of cost sharing agreements and new project formulations in order to achieve resource mobilization targets.
- Assist the Supervisor in identification and development of new project proposals; participate actively in the project formulation process by devising components of the project documents.
- Provide technical support to the Unit Chief, Programme Officers and Project Counterparts in preparation/processing of project documents.
- Support the Unit in the successful management and monitoring of programmes being implemented by UNDP in disaster prone areas.
- Timely management of assigned projects with the coordination of relevant Programme Officers to ensure compliance with the Project Cycle Operations Manual (PCOM) guidelines.
- Draft routine letters, prepare powerpoint presentations, provide inputs to Unit work plan and respond to e-mail communications on a daily basis.