PURPOSE OF THE POST
Under the close supervision of Education Specialist, contributes to programme planning, administration, implementation, monitoring and the evaluation of programme/project activities, including teamwork and capacity building.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Undertakes ongoing field visits to UNICEF project sites for the participation in, or observation of project activities and local conditions. Carry out results based monitoring in light of priorities as given in the AWP. Prepares routine reports on results of visits and project progress.
2. Collects and assembles data and background information with regard to programmes/projects, including Emergencies, and provides updated information on programme/project financial and administrative status for analysis and report purposes. Analyzes programme/project status and recommends appropriate adjustments. Prepares tables, graphs or other statistical data for technical review/monitoring purposes.
3. Monitors the flow of supply and non-supply assistance to local authorities. Drafts supply and financial documentation, including PROMs. Collects and records information on supply/non-supply inventory, distribution and utilization.
4. Investigates queries regarding authorization, delivery or payments and follows up with Finance, Administrative, Supply and Programme staff on processing of payments, advances to governments and liquidation of accounts. Ensures that activities are in accordance with plans of action.
5. Communicates with counterpart local authorities on project details. Recommends courses of action to the supervisor.
6. Undertakes arrangements for visits to project sites for government and other partners, which include providing information and briefing on project activities and status.
7. Drafts programme budgets, ensuring accuracy and appropriateness of coding in accordance with PIDB system. Drafts and issues updated status reports in PROMs.
8. Drafts sections of donor, annual and other reports, as required by HQ.