Increasing women participation and representation in political processes is an important strategic priority for UN Women. To work towards this objective, in addition to a number of key stakeholders, UNW has also signed an MOU with NADRA. The objective of the MOU is to provide financial support in those districts of Balochistan and KPK where there is a low women CNIC registration. UNW and NADRA have initially identified five most vulnerable Districts of Balochistan, (Turbat, Gwadar, Zhob, Killa Saifullah, Khuzdar) for CNIC registration that will scale up to another five districts of KPK. There, UNW, in collaboration with UNDP, will roll out its voter education program. Under this initiative UNW is supporting NADRA in mass mobilization campaign through implementing partners and financing fuel costs required for the mobile vans to reach out to women in those districts.
A consultant with strong national women’s rights, experience as well as programme development and advice experience is to be engaged to support UN Women in developing a series of programme documents and facilitating a series of consultations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the overall guidance of Country Director/Representative of UN Women and supervision of Senior Programme Coordinator (SPC), and close coordination with programme team the senior consultant will be responsible for the following key functions:
· Prepare, analyse and edit as required key documents such as reports and assessments to identify key entry points for UN Women and its partners around gender equality, women’s economic empowerment (WEE) programming, elections and governance programme framework
· Develop programme documents for donors and partners in line with the UN Women Global Strategic Plan, the Annual Work Plan/Strategic Note and the national GE priorities of Pakistan
· Facilitate strategic meetings and events with key partners such as Government and civil society organizations at federal and provincial level
· Monitoring ongoing interventions and producing good practices and lessons learned and preparing recommendations for UN Women
· Provide technical advisory to CPD and SPC as well as the rest of the programme team on programme development and implementation as and when required
· Guide and support convening of the CSO Advisory group of UN Women and prepare follow up actions/reports
· 1st meeting of CSO Advisory Group and follow up to that
· Updated logframe and PMF of the CIDA and Norway WEE proposal
· Facilitation and follow up to provincial consultations on elections project
· Finalize governance framework with CLD
· Briefing papers as required
· Reports editing and drafting as required