Under the overall supervision of the Programme Officer-Balochistan, the Programme Assistant works in close collaboration with UNW Sub office Balochistan team and provides programme support services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
The Programme Assistant works in close collaboration with the operation and programme staff in the sub office and CO, as required to exchange information and support programme delivery
Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
q Support to formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the Country Programme Action Plan
q Support to management of the Balochistan programme
q Administrative support to the Programme in sub office
q Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Supports formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the Country Programme Action Plan focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Support formulation & implementation of Balochistan strategy
· Presentation of background information for formulation of country programme, draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
· Support in management of programme activities related to WEE, WPP, Governance, Human Rights and EVAW.
· Support updating the stakeholder mapping
2. Provides effective support to management of the Sub Office Balochistan programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
· Liaise on behalf of supervisor with external contacts with UN Agencies, CSOs and Government Officials, arrange appointments and schedule meetings as per programme action plan.
· Arrange meetings and follow up with draft minutes/event reports and their circulation
· Update the programme work plan and maintain programme calendar
· Support arrangements at provincial level re consultations
· Maintain confidential, policy, program and general management files. Responsible for the office filing and retrieval system
· Coordination of weekly and monthly team meetings and compiling draft minutes
· Keep record of GE, WE and relevant articles in print media at the provincial level and provide the information to the sub-office team.
· Provide help in researching material for programme staff
§ Coordinate with government departments /support arrangements/preps for their participation in the UNW events.
§ Support Supervisor in coordination and follow-up with WDDs and activities in the provinces
§ Regularly follow up with government departments including Election Commission and NADRA for information updates.
§ Support Supervisor in coordinating with CSOs, Balochistan Gender Network, EVAW Alliance and other networks.
· Support in management of programme activities related to One Programme - Gender Equality Interventions
§ Support the team in following up on Provincial and National GE Plan
§ Support the team in following up with on CEDAW , CPC and other related Follow up
· Provide any other support to the team in UNWOMEN’s work around all programmes.
3. Provides Administrative support to the Sub Office Balochistan
· Maintain and update database of contact details of all partners - Govt, INGOs, NGOs, and Parliament/Caucus
· Support in meeting and event coordination
· Support the follow up with IPs on their progress and reporting
· Support in day to day office management
· Support in taking meeting minutes when required.
4. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Participation in the trainings for the operations/ programme staff on programme.
· Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
· Planning of events (conferences, meetings, group discussions/consultations)
· International missions, dinners, events, meetings etc
· Coordination with implementation partners, different stake holders, government partners and consultants
§ Meeting minutes/Event Reports
§ Support in office management
§ Support in monitoring of IP projects
§ Coordinating and managing arrangements for events and event reporting
§ Support in routine correspondence with WDDs ministries and Partners
§ Consolidation of Programme Work plan
§ Schedule of office in absence of other programme assistant
§ File maintenance of important letters, faxes and MoUs of programme (including e filing)
§ Support in developing Knowledge management Products
§ Contribute in the development of concept notes
Impact of Results
Accurate data entry and financial information have an impact on the quality and implementation of the UNWOMEN programme. A client-oriented and efficient approach impact on the image of UNWOMEN in the country.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
q Demonstrates commitment to UNWOMEN’s mission, vision and values.
q Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
q Shares knowledge and experience
q Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
q Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to Results Management, including screening and collecting of programme/ projects documentation, projects data entering, preparation of revisions, filing, provision of information
q Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems
q Good knowledge of Results Management Guide and Toolkit
Leadership and Self-Management
q Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
q Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
q Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure