Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and the direct supervision of the Programme Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the supporting of IOM’s reporting and logistics activities. In particular he/she will:
1. Responsible to collect all project related information from field offices and ensure that these updates be brought to the attention of the Programme Manager.
2. Assist in the creation of project measurement tools including, but not limited to, spreadsheets, project progress tracking and narrative reporting.
3. Assist in the tracking of logistical and procurement matters of all programme funds in area of responsibility.
4. Maintain an asset inventory of all SAIT equipment ensuring constant monitoring and reporting of damages or loss/theft.
5. Assist in the oversight of contracts or agreements with contractors and implementing partners.
6. Maintain records in accordance with programme standards.
7. Assist senior staff in the preparation of reports and recommendations regarding the progress of projects.
8. Responsible for being the focal point on all logistical matters of the SAIT programme including procurement with the relevant entities in IOM PESSU
9. Maintain relationship with different partners on the local, district, provincial and regional levels.
10. Assist with coordination regarding project implementation, reporting with local authorities, government ministries, UN Agencies and NGOs and all project related activities.
11. Establish contact with appropriate partner agencies when basic or special needs are identified.
12. Ensure all equipment required for SAIT and other training is available and accounted for on completion.
13. Act as the focal point to the Programme Manager for all matters related to logistics and the practical implementation of all SAIT related training with an expectation of a proactive approach.
14 Undertake duty travels as required
15 Administrative support i.e petty cash reports generation,
voucher generation and follow up, PR generation and follow up, and all other information and documentation needed.
16 During SAIT Field Exercise providing support and assistance to the Instructors.
17 Such other duties as may be assigned.