Under the overall supervision of Chief of Mission, and in accordance with directives received from the IOM PSAIT project manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in all project related issues related with the IOM SAIT Programme in Islamabad, Pakistan. Specifically, she/he will establish and maintain a high level of administrative support by;
- Provide specificadministrative support to IOM PSAIT programme manager and the programme ingeneral through:
- General administrativetasks including but not limited to filing both electronically and in hardcopy and cross referencing the same to an index system, photocopying,faxing and communicating with various internal and external offices byphone and email.
- Provides Urdu/Pashtoto English and English to Urdu/Pashto translations, written and oral asrequired
- Administer and producethe course administrative paperwork including introduction letters, briefings,lesson plans, course materials and certificates.
- Administers therecording of IOM SSU and UN security instructions, their distribution andfiling
- Create and manageproject measurement tools including, but not limited to, spreadsheets,presentations, project progress tracking and narrative reporting
- Liaise withcounterpart organizations and bodies, in particular UNDSS on securityrelated matters and CTTI on training venue and schedules.
- Provide Logisticssupport to the PSAIT and specialized safety/security training incoordination with PESSU and organizes repairs and maintenance of PSAITequipment.
- In coordination withPESSU, administer requests for logistical items, finance issues and thesupporting documentation required under IOM guidelines and procedures toIOM finance and logistics including follow up tasks.
- Assist in thepreparation of training activities / seminars, coordinating staffparticipation, to ensure security trainings is carried out in the mostefficient and professional manner.
- Drafting contracts ofthe training supporters and follow up on payments and all financial issueswith both the third party and IOM side. Follow up to ensure appropriateprocessing of payments is taking place on time and according to IOM rulesand regulations.
- Managing petty cashand preparing direct Payment Requests.
- Act as focal pointsfor student enrollment in PSAIT and other training, coordinating withUN/INGO/NGO and other interested parties in scheduling participation.
- Promoting PSAIT andother training activities by setting up meetings with the security headsof UN/NGO/INGOs.
- Follow up on coursepayment in coordination with PESSU and IOM Admin Finance.
- Providing support tothe PSAIT instructors during field training.
- Coordinate internaland external meetings for IOM PSAIT programme manager and trainingofficers including minute taking of meetings as required.
- Prepare quarterlyreports on the implementation and planned new activities of IOM-PSAIT programme and facilitate dissemination externally andinternally.
- Act as PSAIT focalpoint for staff when SAIT staff deployed into the field.
- Preparing and filingof PSAIT instructor evaluation forms and critique forms.
- Preparing quarterlycourse critique pie-charts and graphs.
- Updating andMaintaining the PSAIT database.
- Preperation for allPSAIT Trainings such as folder material, name tags, tea coffee etc. so ensuresmooth running of the trainings.
- Any other dutieswithin the incumbent’s capabilities as directed by the IOM SAIT programme manager.