To assist the Government of Pakistan in addressing the humanitarian challenges faced by the Pakistani population, especially after the recent floods in the country, OCHA provides support to UN agencies, NGOs, donors and other humanitarian organizations working in Pakistan. One of OCHA's strategic priorities is to provide efficient and effective information for humanitarian coordination and decision making. As such, collation and dissemination of information and field-level coordination through GIS services will be catalysts in improving the response to humanitarian needs.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the IMO-GIS in Islamabad, the National GIS Associate will be responsible for the following:
· Prepare and keep up to date a set of Reference Maps of Pakistan and support the IMOs in developing GIS products for stakeholders on data provided on timely fashion.
· Support to collect, clean, consolidate and document (metadata) relevant spatial and attribute datasets in line with OCHA standards.
· Support on standardization of GIS products and services according to OCHA global standards.
· Provide cartographic services to OCHA and the Humanitarian partners, utilizing OCHA standardized GIS software and map production templates.
· Assist in enabling easy and regular updating of GIS products for distribution
· Keep up to date the inventory of maps and shape files repository as well as support provided to humanitarian community
· Upload the GIS products/dataset to pakresponse and other OCHA/humanitarian websites.
· Support in digitization and updating of shape files and other GIS datasets
· Share, learn and explore GIS techniques, including the application of the satellite images.
· Participate in fora such as the Country/Province Level Information Management
· (CLIM) Network and the GIS working group to collaborate and share information related to geographic information standards and baseline data.
· Perform other duties, as assigned by senior staff members of OCHA to contribute to OCHA’s overall objectives.
Professionalism – Advanced knowledge of the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS); ability to analyse and visualize Information on maps of complex situations requiring a coordinated response between disparate actors; demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to use sound judgment to ensure the effective and timely completion of complex tasks; ability to work under extreme pressure, on occasion in a highly stressful environment (e.g. civil strife, natural disasters).
Communication – Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills including the ability to convey complex information management concepts and recommendations to staff at all levels, both orally and in writing, in a clear, concise style that can be readily understood by non-information management practitioners.
Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision.
Planning and Organizing – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Accountability – Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates and peers, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Client Orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; designs solutions and basis recommendations on the principles of usability; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients’ informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Commitment to Continuous Learning – Demonstrated history of keeping abreast of new developments in the field plus a commitment to continuous learning.
For this post fluency in English and Urdu is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.