PURPOSE OF THE POST:
The Social Cohesion & Education Specialist (NOC) will work under the supervision of the Education Specialist (P4). The purpose of the post is to support the development and implementation of UNICEF Education and Peacebuilding programme in Pakistan. The incumbent will work in close collaboration with UNICEF staff and focal points in Provinces and will facilitate the design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the programme based on the Social Cohesion and Resilience Analysis data.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide support to the development of the Social Cohesion and Resilience Analysis report; by assisting with the desk review, facilitating the consultations and drafting the report. Ensure the logistics are in place for planned activities and events.
2. Under the guidance of the Education Specialist (P4), provide support to design the assigned Peacebuilding project, including adherence to Social Cohesion and Resilience Analysis report, UNICEF Technical guidance on conflict analysis and Peacebuilding lessons learned reports.
3. Prepare, implement, monitor and evaluate the assigned Peacebuilding project. Analyze and evaluate data to ensure achievement of objectives and recommend corrective action when necessary to meet project objectives. Assist in the development and introduction of new approaches, methods and practices in project management and evaluation.
4. Provide inputs on training/ orientation for field based national facilitators who will implement the process; Identify training needs and objectives for the purpose of capacity building, programme sustainability as well as promotion and advocacy.
5. Prepare project status reports, documents and required information for donors, budget review, programme analysis, annual reports etc.
6. Ensure collaboration and facilitate linkages with Child Protection, PME, C4D Coordinator, Gender and other programme colleagues. Ensure inputs of the TWG are fed into the programme.
7. Any other tasks assigned.