· Regular coordination and interaction with customs clearing agents for timely customs clearance and dispatch from port to destination (s);
· Coordinate with Country Office to get the exemption certificate, award and work order in due time;
· Monitor closely the arrival status of WFP commodities at Karachi, their customs clearance process and update regularly Head of Logistics accordingly;
· Arrangement of all necessary documents required for the timely customs clearance of WFP shipments from port authorities, shipping lines and provincial authorities;
· Maintain/update contact details of all relevant focal points of forwarding agents, shipping agents, clearing agents and superintendent required for the immediate problem solution and support for WFP consignments clearance, movement;
· Ensure timely information to the Q & Q surveyor soon after customs clearance for deployment of their respective staff to carry out their services as WFP Superintendent;
· Provide technical assistance and guidelines to the port staff as required;
· Operative Calculation of Demurrage/ Detention Charges and preparation of NFR for the approval of Country Office.
· Establishing contacts with shipping agents and inquiring expected date of arrival of vessels.
· Typing different kind of documents, entering updated data in existing format.
· Drafting routine correspondence.
· Maintaining file system and archives for easy retrieval of documents and information.
· Performing other related duties as required.