Under the overall guidance of Program Specialist, Women Human Rights and Governance and direct supervision of the Programme Officer WHR and Governance, the Programme Analyst supports programme implementation and participates in the formulation, management and evaluation of programme activities within a portfolio.
The Programme Analyst works in close collaboration with the CO Management Support and Business Development, Programme and Operations teams, programme staff in other UN Agencies.
Summary of key functions:
q Ensures effective support to the program implementation,
q Ensures efficient financial administration and operational support
q Support PS and PO in creation of strategic partnerships
q Facilitation of knowledge building and management
1. Ensures effective support to the program implementation, focusing on achievement of the following results, primarily in the areas of:
· Providing daily support on timely execution of program approved work plans;
· Providing substantial inputs to the preparation of quarterly and annual reports
· Assisting in monitoring the progress throughout the program phase;
· Assisting in coordination with partners at federal and provincial level
· Collecting and gathering required information, data for program activities/initiatives throughout the program phase.
2. Ensures efficient financial administration and operational support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Assisting the PO in managing the program’s financial matters of the program;
· Maintaining accurate financial records of the program as required by UN Women;
· Preparing and submitting financial requests to PS and PO with complete package of supporting documents;
· Assisting the PO in managing human resources of the program as per UN Women rules and regulations;
· Also, the program analyst will provide inputs to the followings:
· Assisting the PO in coordinating the exchange of information among the program partners;
· Ensuring maintenance of the program’s documents with support from Program Assistant and ensuring coordination with Knowledge Management Unit.
· Providing required support in organizing/conducting program activities;
· Supporting other programme-related activities as required by the programme management.
3. Supports creation of strategic partnerships focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects.
4. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to programme country policy goals.
· Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
· Organization of training for the operations/ projects staff on programme issues.
· Professional growth through active learning.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the success of country programme within specific areas of cooperation. In particular, the key results have an impact on the design, operation and programming of activities, creation of strategic partnerships as well as reaching resource mobilization targets.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
· Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
· Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN Women
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
· Treats all people fairly without favoritism
Knowledge Management and Learning
· Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
· Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice
· Areas, acts on learning plan and apply newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
· Ability to apply conceptual models in support of formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects, mobilize resources
· Good knowledge of the Results Management Guide and Toolkit
· Strong IT skills
· Professionalism Knowledge of development and finance, including knowledge of human rights and gender issues; ability to produce reports and papers on program matters, including technical issues; analytical skills; program/project work experience.
Management and Leadership
· Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
· Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
· Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
· Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
· Teamwork Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multicultural environment and to maintain effective working relations.
· Communication Drafting skills and ability to prepare concise project/activity reports